A Mother's Bad Day

5 year old Mia is sitting on her desk in her bedroom drawing just to pass the time. She's been drawing pictures of her mommies, uncles and aunties to improve her drawing skills. She's so happy to be apart of this great big family. But her ears suddenly perks up as she then hear some sudden yelling.

"UGH!!! This is bullshit!!!" Someone cursed loudly. It sounded like Catra.

It did startled the kitten as she walks towards her door and hears the commotion. She opens it slightly and sees her mommy stomping back and forth in her room with a frustrated face.

Mia rarely sees her angry, she don't like it. In fact, she don't like her moms or anybody being in a negative mood in general, so she tries to check up on her as she leaves her room and walks across the hallway to the master bedroom. She sees her mother beginning to sit down on the bed covering her face with her hands in frustration.

"Is everything ok Momm....."

"Everything's fine Mia!" Catra interrupted her as she slightly raises her voice.

"Just......just give me some space ok? Mommy's not in a good mood right now."

"Oh......o-ok." Mia replies in a sad like tone as she leaves and closes the door leaving Catra scratching her head pondering.

It's rare to see someone raising their voices to Mia. She's not the type of kid to make any sort of trouble around people. But she's sometimes the type of kid who is afraid of the reaction from them that she probably did something on accident, which possibly make their days more worse than ever. It's best for her to leave Mommy alone and try to do things for herself.

😾

30 minutes later, Mia's in the kitchen feeling pretty thirsty. She opens up the refrigerator and tries to grab a 2 liter bottle of orange juice, but she can't reach it. So she grabs a stool and drags it across the floor and sets it in front of it.

She climbs up and manages to grab the bottle, but it's too heavy for her, so heavy that she begins to lose her balance as she falls off the stool and drops the bottle thus having her landing on her butt on the soft kitchen rug while the bottle hits the wooden floor causing the cap to fly off and begins spilling all over the floor.

"OH NO!!!" Mia yelled. She starts panicking about the fact that her Mommy might go ballistic and starts yelling at her. She needs to do everything she possibly can to prevent that from happening.

😾

Meanwhile Catra is still in her room as she is laying on her bed reading a book to get her mind off of this moody day she's having, but suddenly her ears perks up as she hears a loud thud coming from downstairs.

"What the hell was that?"

She sets the book aside and quickly rush out of her room and walks downstairs to see where it's coming from and sees Mia and the mess that happened in the kitchen trying to clean up.

"Oh my god, Mia!!! What happened!!!???"

"I'M SORRY MOMMY!!! IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!!! DON'T YELL AT ME!!! I'LL GET IT CLEANED UP!!! I PROMISE!!!" Mia starts panicking sporadically.

"W-What?" Catra raises her eyebrow all confused. "Why would I yell at you?"

"Because you......you were having a bad day. I don't want to bother you. I don't want to accidentally make your day even worse." The kitten begins to feel emotional as Catra widens her eyes.

"Ohhh, kitten I'm......I'm so sorry." Catra kneels down and gives her kitten a hug. "I'm sorry that I made you feel that way."

"You're.......you're not gonna yell at me?"

"Of course I'm not gonna yell at you. I would never yell at you, you're a great kid Mia and we raise you to be a great kid."

"Oh." The kitten responds in a low voice.

"I'm sorry that I raised my voice at you. I was just frustrated, that's all."

"About what?"

"Well.........adult stuff."

"Oh....ok. It's just sometimes I just want people to be happy and positive."

"I understand, honey. But, sometimes there are days we feel....a little different than usual."

"Ok." Mia's voice is still a low tone, but feels relieved of not getting yelled at.

"Now let's clean this mess up before Mama gets home. I'll help you."

"Ok Mommy." Catra kisses her daughter at the forehead as the two then begin to clean up the messy kitchen.