Loving Nature

Today is July 16, 2020 which marks the 1 year anniversary of The Catradora Family book.

🔷

Mia suddenly wakes up pretty early in the morning. She rubs her eyes for better vision as she then looks at her digital alarm clock and it reads 6:30am. She doesn't know why she got up at this time, so she hops out of bed and curiously looks around the house.

The first thing she wants to check is the master bedroom to see if her mommies are asleep. The door is slightly open, so the six year old kitten carefully pushes it open to avoid loud squeaking and she only sees Catra sleeping, Adora is not on the same bed with her. She's probably doing her She-Ra duties early in the day, so she decides to leave Mommy be.

The hallways are still dark but with hints of light shining through as the sun begins to rise. Mia walks downstairs to the living room and see that it is still dim and really quiet and Adora is nowhere in sight.

She was about to go back upstairs to sleep until she looks out the window and sees her Mama is actually outside what it looks like she's doing some yoga.

Adora is in her yoga outfit just stretching her arms and legs around while having some calming music playing on her little speaker. She's been up for nearly an hour. It's basically her morning routine. Once she finishes and turns off the speaker, suddenly Mia pops up.

"Mama?" Mia calls her name as it startles her mother.

"Oh!!!! Mia? You scared me?!"

"Oops, sorry Mama."

"No it's ok. But....what are you doing up so early?"

"I don't know. I just woke up and I want to see if everybody is awake."

"Is your Mom sleeping?"

"Mmm-Hmm." The kitten nods. "There's just nothing to do in the morning."

"Nothing to do Huh?" Adora has an idea. "Tell ya what, I'm about to go for a walk through the forest, wanna come with me?"

"Yeah."

"Ok, go get dressed and I'll meet you by the door."

"Ok."

Couple minutes later, Mia is now all dressed up with her wearing a jacket, some shorts and sneakers. She walks downstairs and meets Adora who is by the door.

"Ready baby?"

"Ready."

🔷

Mia and Adora are walking through the forest during the dawn day as they are holding each other's hands while admiring the beauty of the forest.

"It's so beautiful out here." Mia said.

"I know it is."

"Do you do this every morning?"

"Most of the time. You know Mama likes to get her exercise on. Gotta be big and strong."

"Yeah, like me!"

Adora chuckles. "Like you."

"Oh look, Mama! Gooses!" Mia points.

"Gooses?" Adora looks at where the kitten is pointing and sees a flock of geese that are swimming on a pond.

"Oh. Those aren't called gooses sweetie, they are called geese. That means there are more than one goose."

"Oh."

"You wanna look at them?"

"Yeah!"

They then stop by the pond to sit down on the ground to enjoy the beauty of nature while Mia is being amused by the geese.

"They look like they're relaxing." Mia said.

"Yep. That's their routine."

Mia then hears them quacking which makes the kitten giggle. Then later on she sees some baby goslings that are following the mother goose.

"Baby geeses!"

"Those are called goslings."

"Goslings. I've never saw this before."

"I've always seen geese every morning."

"They're so precious." Mia then sees one of the little goslings going the wrong way.

"Look Mama, that one's going the way."

"Awww look at that."

"There he goes!" They both start giggling at this cute moment. The mama goose starts quacking to get the gosling's attention and swims back to their group.

"I love nature!"

"I'm glad you do."

🔷

30 minutes later, the mother and daughter are now continuously walking through the forest as they now come across some deers.

"Look Mama, deers!" The kitten slightly shouts as it scares them away. "W-Why did the deers run away?" The kitten ask feeling confused.

"Because you scared them honey. You gotta be very carefully quiet and calm to them."

"Oh ok."

Luckily there's another deer that is standing near them eating grass as Mia carefully takes a couple of baby steps towards the creature. The deer raises its head and sees the kitten trying to gently pet it. Eventually the creature walks towards her and lets her pet it.

"Ooooohhh, look Mama. I'm petting it."

Adora chuckles. "I see."

The kitten moves her hand back and forth and strokes it's head as the creature starts licking her face and makes her giggle.

"I love nature even more!"

Adora chuckles again at this. It's nice to have a child loving nature.

The two have spent an hour total of walking around the forest in the morning and encountering different animals. At least Mia learned that there is a lot to do in the morning.

🔷

Adora and Mia are back home eating breakfast as Catra comes downstairs yawning and sees her family at the table.

"Good morning Mommy!" Mia greets.

"Morning kitten." Catra kisses her daughter on the cheek.

"Me and Mama when out for an early morning walk."

"Oh you did? That's good."

"Maybe one day you should get up early and walk with us." Adora suggests.

"Nah. I'm not much of a morning person."

"Come on Mommy. You'll love it, please?"

"Oh......oh alright. I can't say no to a happy kitten. Maybe one day."

"Yay!"

"Here ya go babe. Your favorite." Adora gives her wife a plate with a delicious omelette.

"Yummy. Thanks babe."

"No problem, now dig in."

Then they enjoy their breakfast.