Mommy's Nightmare

Mia is sleeping on her bed peacefully with her pink lion plushie wrapped around her arms. She was having a good night sleep until her ears starts twitching, opens her eyes and suddenly hears whimpering noises.

The 5 year old kitten moves out of bed holding her lion and walks across the hallway and slowly opens the door and sees her Mommy tossing and turning while whimpering. It appears she's having a nightmare.

"No.........No please." Catra whimpers.

The kitten quietly gasps and walks towards her and try to wake her up.

"Mommy?" She whispers as she shakes her left arm.

"Mommy wake up."

Catra doesn't answer as she is locked in her dream and starts to tear up. Mia quickly climbs on the bed and crawls on the opposite side and begin to shake her.

"Mommy? Mommy! Wake up!"

"NOOOOO!!!!! ADORA!!!!!"

"Mommy!!! MOMMY!!!!!!"

Catra jolts awake with a scream and begins panting like crazy. She looks around her bedroom being confused of who woke her and looks to the left and sees Mia looking extremely worried.

"M-Mia? Honey what are you doing up?" Catra said still catching her breath and wiping her tears away.

"You were having a bad dream. You look scared and you look like you were about to cry. I don't like it when my moms cry." Mia chokes and starts to tear up.

Catra stops breathing and widens her eyes. "Oh kitten, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to wake you."

She gives her daughter a hug and the kitten buries her head onto her chest and starts crying.

"Shhhh, it's ok, Mommy's ok." The mother whispers as she strokes her daughter's hair and back.

"What was the dream about? You yelled Mama's name."

"I was just.....I was just worried about her."

"Me too, I don't want anything bad happen to her."

"Me neither kitten." She wipes the tears from the kitten's cheek with her thumb.

"Thanks for waking me up tho."

"You're welcome Mommy. Can I sleep with you?"

"Yes you can sweetheart."

The two then begin to lay down with Mia cuddled up against her Mommy.

"I love you Mommy."

"I love you too kitten."

As Mia closes her eyes and sleeps, Catra's eyes are still open. The dream must've been really haunting for her. She would want to close her eyes, but she feared that the dream might come back. Thinking about it doesn't really help either.

🔷

Catra runs through the forest with the entire planet of Etheria starting to crumble. She cannot help but blame herself constantly after pulling that lever down. If only she can find someway to make things right.

Catra stops running and sees Adora. She was very relieved to see her, but it appears she's fighting someone. Not just any someone......it's herself, but corrupted.

"Oh no." Catra said as she hides behind the bushes and watches them fight.

The corrupted feline fights aggressively against Adora as she attempts to swing her claws around really fast. Adora dodges them all as she kicks her away from her.

"This is all your fault, Adora. You made me this way!" Catra yells angrily at the blonde.

"No it's not! You did this to yourself!"

Corrupt Catra roars as she swings her claws around more and more as one of them actually scratches Adora's left cheek and knocks her down.

Catra gasp of what she is witnessing. "No.....no please."

Corrupt Catra walks step by step towards the blonde and then immediately kills her with her dark black glitchy claws into her stomach.

"NOOOO!!!!!! ADORA!!!!!!" She screams.

The yell catches the attention of the glitched cat and sees her.

"Well well well." She said with her echoing and uneasy voice as she begins to chase her and try to kill her.

🔷

Catra cannot help but tear up again. But she does have the courage to close her eyes as her adorable kitten is here to help.

She kisses Mia on the forehead. "Goodnight my kitten." She then closes her eyes and begins to slumber.