Mewing Big Cat

17-year-old Mia is with her girlfriend Taylor as they are walking through the Etherian Park enjoying the bright, warm and colorful summer of Etheria.

"It's good to get out of the house and get some fresh air." Taylor said.

"Oh trust me, I have to do something to get out of the house. My parents sometimes drive me crazy."

"Ugh, tell me about it."

They continue walking while holding each other's hands as they eventually sit down on a bench to enjoy more of the scenery.

Taylor has her head lying onto Mia's shoulder to get more comfortable. The cat then smiles at her first lover. She still feels extremely lucky that she has someone to love and care for.

"I love you Mia."

"I love you too, Tay."

The two begin to start kissing and kissing and kissing at each other......until Taylor starts kissing under Mia's chin and then........

*mew*

.....suddenly Mia mews, the same mew when she was a little kitten. Her eyes are wide open in shock and embarrassment and her jaw is slightly dropping. It's almost like she froze out of a traumatic event.

"Hey. Mia? Sweetie are you ok?" Taylor starts waving her hand in front of her face.

"Huh? What?"

"You ok? You've suddenly froze."

"Oh....it's nothing, I was just thinking about something that popped in my head."

"Oh....ok then."

"Let's just walk some more."

"Alright."

🔷

Mia runs towards the cabin as she swiftly opens the front door. Catra is in the dining room writing stuff.

"Oh hey kitten, how was......." She stops at her sentence as she sees Mia sprint upstairs. That's very odd of her, she always greet her mothers the first thing she enters inside. Something is up. Catra puts the pencil down and starts following her upstairs to her bedroom.

Mia is in her room trying to figure out what happened. It just feel so out of nowhere. She takes off her shoes and sits down on the bed to try and contemplate.

With her mewing in front of her girlfriend, it makes her fear she might think a little differently to her and might feel awkward being around her. Or worse, being made fun by other people for it.

"Hey Mia?" Catra knocks. "Can I come in?"

"Sure Mom."

Catra opens the door. "Hey kitten, you ok? You didn't greet me like you always do?"

"Oh uh.....sorry......it's just......I had a little awkward moment with Taylor."

"You did? What was it?" She then sits next to her daughter.

"So...me and Taylor were walking through the park and then we sat down on the bench and then we started kissing and......"

"Hold on!" Catra interrupted. "Don't tell me you two were........"

"No Mom, we were not making out nor having sex. It's just normal kissing."

"Ok good. So, continue on."

Mia sighs and continues. "So me and Taylor were just kissing and then suddenly, I begin to mew. Like I use to do that since I was a kitten. I thought I grew out of that. It felt so embarrassing."

Catra's eyes are wide open.

"Ohhh, I see."

"W-What do you mean?"

"You see, some adult Magicats have an awkward transition from being a kitten to a full on cat. Sometimes their kitten quirks will stick around for a long period of time until they fully grow out of it. I had that same experience since I around your age."

"Really?"

"Yep. I remember mewing like a kitten that was first born. And then I was made fun of for it. Like I couldn't go anywhere to live my day without somebody walking up to me and say Hello Kitty to my face."

That makes Mia chuckle a little bit.

"But the point is, you're not the only one who had this experience. Take it as like, a Magicat thing."

"Oh, ok."

"Just don't be embarrassed. Awkwardness is part of life too, and your Mama has the most awkwardness of us all." Catra mumbles a joke which they both laugh it out.

"Well....thanks Mom."

"Anytime, kitten." Catra then kisses her onto her forehead and leaves the room.

Mia now feels a bit better now after what she heard about her mother's experience. But still it's gonna be a little weird and take some time to get use to this transition, but it'll be just fine at the end. She picks up her tracker pad and begins to contact her girlfriend Taylor.

"Hey Mia. You ok?"

"Yeah I'm fine. I just wanted to say sorry that I froze at the park. I just had a little awkward moment in me."

"Oh, oh that's perfectly fine, honey. We all have our awkwardness in us. There's nothing wrong with that."

"Ok that's good. That's all I wanted to say and hear."

"Ok, sweetie. Love you."

"Love you too, Tay."

"See ya." Tay waves.

"See ya." Mia waves back.

They both hang up their pads as Mia can now relax and worry about nothing weird or awkward happening to her.