I'll Be Home For Christmas

It's Christmas Eve as Mia sits and looks out the window holding her pink lion plushie and sees the bright white snow that is covering up the majority of the front yard of the cabin with the skies being white. She is waiting impatiently for a certain someone to come home before the holiday, and that of course..........is Adora.

It's been 3 days since she's called into Bright Moon to do her usual She-Ra stuff. Part of her doesn't want to work because she wants spend time with her family, but at the same time it is best to keep Etheria safe and stable. Who knows what incidents could happen during the holidays.

Catra sees her kitten from the dining room as she was going through her tracker pad. She sighs as she hates to see her this impatient. She puts the pad down and walks up to her.

"Still waiting for her?" She asks.

"Mmm-hmm, Christmas is tomorrow and I'm afraid she might not make it."

"Don't worry kitten, she'll call us in any minute now." Coincidentally enough, the tracker pad rings from the dining room.

"Well that must be her." Catra re-enters the dining room and picks up the pad and it says Adora's name, so she props it up on a stand and answers it.

"Hey babe." Catra greets as the moment she sees her wife's lovely face.

"Hey Cat."

"What's going on?" She then sits down on a chair.

"I'm afraid I have some bad news."

When Adora said "bad news" Mia's ears perk up really quick as she is still sitting at the window.

"Uh-oh, what it is?"

"Welp, it looks like the transport is suffering some major problems. So I probably won't be able to make it home for tomorrow.

"Oh no! Are you kidding me?" Catra widens her eyes.

"What!!??" Mia shouts as she rushes into the room.

"Are you coming home Mama?"

Adora sighs as she is hesitant to tell her daughter.
"I don't think I can sweetie."

"But....but you promised." The kitten starts to choke up as her ears droops.

"I know baby, I'm sorry."

Mia begins to feel a little bit of tears under her eyes as she just runs out of the dining room.

"Mia wait!" Catra yells her name but she keeps on running upstairs to her room as she hears the door shutting really hard. The blonde begins to sigh very deeply feeling extremely bad for all this.

"I'm sorry Catra."

"No no no, you don't need to apologize."

"I just wish there was a better time to do all this."

"Hey, your job is to keep Etheria from falling apart during the holidays, and you did a tremendous job at it. Just don't beat yourself up about it."

"Yeah.....you're right." Adora takes a deep breath. "I'll try to find a way to get home."

"Ok babe. Just keep me posted."

"Ok, love you Catra."

"Love you too."

"Bye."

"Bye."

They both hang up their pads as Catra quickly walks upstairs to check up on Mia. She can hear her kitten sobbing. She really hates seeing and hearing her like this.

"Mia?" She carefully opens the door and sees her still crying, but onto her pillow.

"Hey, she's gonna be home, ok?"

"What's the point? All I want for Christmas is for Mama to come home, and it's looks like I might not get it." She continues to sob more and more as Catra sits on the bed and rubs her back and hair.

"Don't think that way honey, she'll find a way. Ok?"

Mia doesn't answer this time as it looks like she just wants to be left alone. The feline mother sighs as she kisses her on the side of her head and slowly gets up from the bed and completely exits her room and closes the door.

🎄

It is now Christmas Day in the morning as Catra begins to wake up, but on her own, which feels pretty unexpected.

Every Christmas or any other special day, Mia would always get up first in the morning and immediately barge into her mommies' room and jump up and down on their bed so excitedly. But it turns out this is not the case this time.

Catra slides out of bed as she put on some slippers and walks out of her bedroom, then across the hallway and into the her daughter's room. She slightly opens the door and sees her kitten is sitting on the bed hugging her legs that are underneath the blanket.

"Hey kitten, Merry Christmas."  She greets in a cheery tone.

"Merry Christmas, mommy." Mia replies with a sad tone.

"Wanna come down and open presents?"

"But.....it's not the same without Mama around." The kitten's ears begin to droop again.

"I know Mia. But we can't wait for her all day, like I said, she'll be home. Now let's open some presents, it'll cheer you up quite a bit."

"Ok. I guess."

Catra picks Mia up from the bed as they begin to slowly walk downstairs and sees the Christmas tree oddly being a little bit more brighter than ever, it looks like more lights have been added, especially the presents.

"That's weird, I don't remember the tree being a little brighter." Catra says.

"And there's a lot more presents too, maybe it was Santa." Mia added.

"HO HO HOOO!!!!" Adora comes into the living room from the kitchen saying Santa's iconic catchphrase as she surprises both of them, mostly Mia.

"MAMA!!!!!" Mia screams excitedly as she jumps out of Catra's arms and immediately runs towards her, jumps up and gives her a hug.

"YOU'RE HOME!!!"

"I know, I'm here. Merry Christmas, baby."

"Merry Christmas to you too, Mama."

"Merry Christmas babe!" Catra walks to her wife and gives her a hug.

"You too, babe."

"How did you get home?" The kitten asks out of curiosity.

"Let's just say.....a miracle helped me out along the way." She vaguely explains, but it doesn't stop Mia from smiling so adorably.

"Well I'm glad we can spend the holiday as a family." Catra said.

"This is the best Christmas present ever Mama." The kitten hugs onto her mother tightly.

"Awww, thank you baby, and there's a lot of presents for us to open."

"Well what are we waiting for? Let's dig in!" Catra says excitedly as the family begin to sit by the tree and open up their presents together as a family.