Comatose Mother Part III

Adora and Glimmer are sitting on the bench in the hallway as the blonde is still sobbing after what happened to Catra. Glimmer tries her best to give her best friend some comfort by wrapping her arms around her.

"I don't understand....how did this happen?" Adora asks as she starts sniffling.

"I...I have no idea. All the doctor said that her heart just suddenly stopped."

"That's......that's not possible. She was just resting yesterday and......" Adora stops at her sentence and just realized something as she gasps and tears up more.

"What it is?" Glimmer asks.

"How the hell am I gonna explain this to Mia." She chokes. "Like....she had a nightmare last night about Catra dying."

"What?! Really?!"

"Yes, and she's expecting me to pick her up after school, she'll be absolutely devastated when she hears this. What am I going to do?" She starts crying.

Glimmer thinks as she comes up with a plan. "Tell you what, I'll pick Mia up from school and you try to revive Catra. I'll give you some time, sounds good?"

It takes a couple of seconds for Adora to get herself together and thinks about this as she eventually nods and agrees. "Ok."

Adora's watch suddenly starts ringing as it says 2:40pm, Mia gets off school at 3:15pm.

"Crap, only 35 minutes."

"Don't worry, I'm on it."

🔷

The school bell rings as the kids of Bright Moon Elementary all exit out of the building, including Mia. The kitten starts to look around for her mother who is supposed to be picking her up.

"Mia!" A familiar voice grabs her attention and sees that Glimmer is here waving at her as she is with Swift Wind.

"Aunt Glimmer!" She runs towards her sparkly aunt and hugs her.

"Hey sweetie, how was school?"

"Good! So, what are you doing here? I thought Mama was supposed to pick me up?"

"Oh uh....your Mama uhh.....wants me to watch you when she gets to the hospital to see your Mommy. So we can meet together there." Glimmer just basically lied almost unprofessionally.

"Yeah, so we can go see if she is feeling better." Swift Wind said with a semi-awkward smile.

"Oh ok!" Mia climbs onto the unicorn as the queen climbs also.

"So you're pretty much hanging out with us at Bright Moon ok?"

"Oh...ok then." Mia says as Swift Wind starts flying their way to Bright Moon.

🔷

For the past 5 hours, Mia has been hanging out with Glimmer at the castle. She did do her homework and all, but she feels confused as to why she hasn't hear anything from her Mama or why she wasn't supposed to be visiting the hospital.

"Aunt Glimmer, it's getting really late. Is Mama ok?"

"Uhh...yeah. She.....told me she be on her way."

"O-Oh." The kitten is still confused by all this, since it is past 8:00.

They both hear Glimmer's bedroom door opening and it is revealed to be Adora.

"Mama! You're here!" The kitten runs and hugs her mother's right leg.

"Hey baby." Adora said in a rather monotonous tone.