Chapter 7: Asking her out

It had been 3 weeks since Deku and Uraraka had been on their date. The two of them had barely spoken to each other since then with the amount of work Mr Aizawa had been giving them lately plus all of their training on top made it pretty much impossible for anyone to catch a break. The few times they did get to talk there were other people around. Right now they were on their way back to the dorm after a hard day of training. It was Saturday so there were no classes but they had an assignment due in on Monday morning and physical tests in the afternoon. Iida, Deku and Uraraka had agreed they would train in the morning and help each other finish their assignment in the afternoon.

"Deku your workouts are intense" Uraraka said exhausted from Deku's tough training routine. They had all agreed to follow Deku's training since it focused on enhancing muscular endurance, muscular strength, power, speed and cardiovascular endurance so it pretty much covered everything.

"Yeah I know but I've gotta make my body stronger if I want to use my quirk to it's full potential" Deku said with a determined look in his eyes. Uraraka admired how much work he puts into being a hero it was incredible just like him.

"Indeed. We all must continuously strive to make our bodies and our minds stronger each and every day if we want to be pro hero's" Iida stated. Not liking how serious her two friends were getting about the future Uraraka decided to lighten the tone of the conversation.

"Yeah well that workout almost broke me it was insane and if that wasn't bad enough we've got the assignment still to do...shall we just tell Mr Aizawa we couldn't be bothered?" Uraraka said laughing. Her two friends looked at her in horror as if what she'd suggested was suicide... because it kinda was. However this only made Uraraka laugh even more at how intense and serious Iida and Deku could be.

"Guys relax it was a joke" Uraraka said reassuring them she hadn't gone crazy.

"Ah I see...it wasn't very funny" Iida said clearly not impressed. This caused Deku to burst out laughing and soon Uraraka continued her laughing fit along with him leaving Iida confused and somewhat annoyed.

"What on earth is so funny to you two!?" Iida demanded.

"Well it's just what she said was pretty funny Iida but the look on your face was priceless" Deku chuckled trying his best to compose himself but failing miserably.

"Stop it both of you this isn't funny we must all do our very best to one day become the pro hero's that we are destined to-" he was cut off by Uraraka giving him a small push in the back.

"Iida come on loosen up a little. Just because we're training to become pro hero's doesn't mean we can't have a bit of fun we are still teenagers after all" Uraraka said trying to get her friend to see there was more to life than working hard.

"Yeah Iida don't get me wrong I want nothing more than to be the top hero one day but there's no harm in having some fun on the way" Deku chimed in.

"...I suppose you're right. Even still do you promise to take this assignment seriously when we study later?" Iida asked a stern look in his eyes. Deku and Uraraka both looked at each other nodded and then looked back at Iida.

"Of course we do" they said in unison knowing full well they intended on messing around a little just to wind up their friend.

"Good then I shall see you later for our assignment I'm going to run ahead to go have a shower" Iida ran off waving goodbye to them. Deku and Uraraka both looked at each other.

"We're not actually gonna take it as seriously as he's expecting us to are we?" Uraraka asked.

"No of course we're not besides I had my fingers crossed" Deku said revealing his crossed fingers he'd been hiding behind his back.