Chapter 96: Acquiring help

"Kacchan. Leave me alone" Deku said leaning against the wall for support the pain finally being too much for him to handle as his head spun but still determined to find Uraraka.

"Midoriya!? Shouldn't you be in bed resting?" Kirishima asked worried for his friend and rushing to his side to help him stand on his own two feet.

"No. I can't. Have to...find... Ochako...have to... apologise..." Deku said barely able to get the words out. He was losing his strength and his conciousness pretty quickly being stood up with the searing pain in his entire upper body.

"What the hell are you talking about? Bakugo go grab a wheelchair or something out of Recovery Girl's office" Kirishima said lifting one of Deku's arms over his shoulders and supporting his body weight to stop him from collapsing to the floor.

"On it" Bakugo replied going into Recovery Girl's office before coming back out with a wheelchair not long after he'd entered the room.

Wait a second. Did Bakugo just willingly do something he was told to without arguing about it?...holy crap am I dead?

"Here you go buddy" Kirishima said lowering him into the chair as gently and as carefully as he could. Deku took a moment to let his head stop spinning and for the pain to die down catching his breathe back.

"Now. What the hell are you doing out of bed?" Kirishima asked. Deku told them everything from the beginning. The conversation he thought he'd overheard between Uraraka and Recovery Girl. The fight they had over it and how she'd stormed out before he could apologise and the present she'd gotten him.

"Damn. Midoriya. I don't know what to say. I'm so sorry man" Kirishima said in complete disbelief at what he was hearing.

"Wow I never knew you could be such an asshole" Bakugo said also a little surprised.

"That's what Ochako said. I have to find her and apologise. As well as thank her for the birthday gifts she got me" Deku said trying to stand again but Kirishima placed his hands on either of his shoulders and pushed him back down into the chair.

"Oh no you don't" Kirishima said his head hanging and looking down at the floor to hide his tears that were forming in his eyes.

"Kirishima get off me. I have to find her. I don't care if I'm supposed to be resting I have to do this" Deku pleaded attempting to resist but it was futile Kirishima was far too strong for him when he was injured like this.

"You're not going anywhere Midoriya" Kirishima said sniffling a little.

"Kirishima just let me- wait a minute are you crying?" Deku asked. Sure enough Kirishima looked up at him so that Deku could see the tears in his eyes.

"Let me finish. You're not going anywhere... without us" Kirishima said with a smirk on his face and wiping the tears from his eyes. Deku couldn't help but smile grateful for his friends help however Bakugo on the other hand wasn't too keen.

"Say what now? I fail to see how this is my problem" Bakugo scoffed.

"If it wasn't for your stupidity in sparring they never would've been in this situation!" Kirishima exclaimed furious with the blonde who immediately looked like he actually felt a little guilty about it.

"I guess. Even still couples fight I don't see what the big deal is. Also why are you still crying?" Bakugo asked confused why tears and reformed in Kirishima's eyes.

"I'm crying because I'm admiring how manly Midoriya is swallowing his pride and owning up to his mistakes and pushing through his pain to apologise to the woman he loves for acting and behaving the way he did!" Kirishima exclaimed wiping the tears from his eyes again.

Wow Kirishima seems really intense. He does seem to have this thing about being "manly" it seems.

"Um. Ok" Bakugo said in response not quite sure how to respond.

"Besides yeah couples fight sure but they only get through that when they apologise and talk through their problems. That's why we have to help Midoriya make the first move and apologise he knows he did wrong and he wants to make up for that" Kirishima explained.

"Sure but why should I help?" Bakugo asked still not seeing how this was his problem.

"Because you owe him" Kirishima said cold and bluntly staring Bakugo down with an intense look in his eyes.

"Shit. Fine I'll help" Bakugo said sighing in defeat.

"Kacchan you don't have to-" Deku began seeing that he clearly didn't want to help but he was going to do it anyway however the blonde cut him off.

"Shutup Deku! You can consider this my apology for putting you and your girlfriend in Recovery Girl's office in the first place" Bakugo said annoyed.

"He means 'I'm sorry' but yeah that's why we were here actually. I convinced him that he had to come down here and apologise to you guys so he can make up for it now by helping you fix things with Uraraka" Kirishima explained.

"Well thank you. Both of you" Deku said looking directly at Bakugo who immediately avoided his gaze and made a disapproving grunt sound but Deku only took that as "you're welcome" and not "fuck you" like Bakugo had clearly intended it to be.

"It's no problem. Now we just need to figure out where Uraraka is" Kirishima said trying to think where she would've ran off to.

"Any ideas?" Deku asked.

"Why are you asking us!? She's your girlfriend!" Bakugo yelled in annoyance.

Can't argue with that.

"I don't know. Maybe she went back to the house?" Deku suggested still unsure.

"Then that's where we'll look first" Kirishima said.

"We'll need keys" Bakugo said.

"Mine are in Recovery Girl's office" Deku said. Bakugo went back in to find Deku's keys and shortly returned.

"Found 'em" he said brandishing the keys to the two of them.

"Great. Now let's go find her" Deku said making to stand but again Kirishima pushed him back down into the chair.

"You are going to stay sat down in that chair and we'll wheel you around. Although if one of the teachers or somebody else sees us this whole thing is over Midoriya will be forced to come back here" Kirishima pointed out.

"So we have to sneak him out. Great. A blonde, a dude with red hair and a half wrapped up mummy in a wheelchair. Definitely not conspicuous at all. This is such bullshit. Why can't we just ask Uraraka to come back here to Deku?" Bakugo asked getting irritated.

"She might not want to come back. Not only that but if Midoriya turns up in person himself with those injuries she'll immediately be worried about him and at the same time she'll know that he'll have put himself through hell just to see her and apologise. Goddamn it it's so manly" Kirishima said beginning to tear up again.

"Pull yourself together damnit!" Bakugo yelled frustrated that his red haired friend was losing his composure.

"Right. Sorry. Let's go get her back shall we Midoriya?" Kirishima said gripping the wheelchair handles and begining to push him through the halls as they headed back to his house.

I'm coming Ochako. To make up for my mistakes. I just hope you'll forgive me...