Chapter 52: Sparring

"Hey Deku you looking forward to sparring?" Uraraka asked.

"Yeah I wonder who I'm going to be partnered with" Deku said.

"You know I don't think I've ever actually realised how cute you look in your hero outfit" she said grinning at him. Deku couldn't help but blush a little.

"Oh thanks. You know you look pretty good in your hero outfit too thinking about it" he replied.

Good? It's a skintight suit what looks good about it!? Wait a minute I get what he's trying to say.

"Deku are you trying to say you think I look hot in my hero costume?" she asked leaning forward a little to make sure she was nice and close to him causing him to get flustered. After all they were with their entire class.

"What? No. I mean yes. Wait I meant-" he was cut off by Uraraka kissing him and she placed her hands on his chest as she did. Deku placed his own on her hips happily falling deeper into the kiss.

"You know if you two need a minute to do your thing..." Kaminari teased gesturing that they'd all leave to give the teenagers some alone time.

"A minute? Midoriya won't need that long will you buddy?" Kirishima teased.

"What are you implying?" Deku asked in protest and getting a little flustered again.

"He's saying you don't last very long in bed" Sero said laughing.

"Hey I'll have you know-" Deku began but he was cut off by Uraraka cupping his chin and turning his face back to her.

"Ignore them Deku. They're just jealous they aren't getting any. Now shutup and kiss me" she said before proceeding to make out with her boyfriend. The two of them were really going at it as everyone else in the room just stared in disbelief.

"Holy shi-" Kirishima began but never finished as Deku and Uraraka were suddenly pulled apart by some sort of scarf causing them to struggle against it but to no avail.

"Your relationship is starting to become a distraction to your training. If you two don't start controlling your hormones I'll expell both of you" Mr Aizawa threatened holding the two teens apart. They both looked at each other before looking to their teacher.

"Understood sir" they said in unison.

"Good" he said releasing them both before slapping Kirishima around the back of the head.

"Hey! What was that for!?" Kirishima screamed in protest.

"For swearing. Would you like me to give you an essay on why you shouldn't talk back to your teacher as well? I'm sure I can give you plenty of points to right about" Mr Aizawa threatened the red haired boy making him gulp.

"N-no sir!" Kirishima screamed bowing to his teacher.

"That's more like it. Now if everyone is done with the profanity and trying to lick the back of each other's throats you can all shutup and listen" Mr Aizawa announced. Deku and Uraraka both looked at the floor turning slightly red in the face while the odd chuckle was heard.

"Sir!" Iida screamed with his hand up.

"For god sake Iida this isn't kindergarten you don't need to put your hand up all the goddamn time" Mr Aizawa said rolling his eyes.

"Oh. R-right sir" Iida said a little embarrassed.

"Well go on what did you want to ask me?" Mr Aizawa asked.

"I was just wondering what the plan is for sparring sir" Iida said.

"Well if you shutup and let me speak I was about to get to that" Mr Aizawa said clearly somewhat annoyed.

"I apologise" Iida said bowing to his teacher.

"Are we done? Would anybody else like to ask me something or can I finally explain what you're doing today?" Mr Aizawa asked getting frustrated. To everyone's surprise Bakugo raised his hand.

"I have a few questions" the blonde said with a creepy smile on his face.

Kacchan what are you up to?

"No you're not partnering with Midoriya no you can't kill him or severely harm him in anyway or anyone else for that matter" Mr Aizawa replied.

"I don't have any questions now" Bakugo said sounding very disappointed as he put his hand back down.

"How come he didn't get scolded for putting his hand up?" Iida mumbled to himself.

"Alright that's enough. Time to explain today's training. As you all know already we'll be sparring today. However today you're not allowed to use your quirks. Pure hand to hand combat like the old days" Mr Aizawa explained chuckling a little at the looks of disappointment on their faces.

"But sir if we can't use our quirks-" Yaoyorozu began but she was cut off.

"You'll be fine. Today is about learning to not be dependant on your quirk. All of you have been slowly mastering your quirks and have come up with inventive ways of using them or fighting with them. Different styles and moves you can execute on the battlefield amongst other things however you're beginning to become reliant on them. You need to learn how to fight without your quirks because sometimes you might have to settle a battle the old fashioned way" Mr Aizawa continued to explain.

"With all due respect sir in a real fight we'd be using our quirks" Kaminari interjected.

"Would you? What if you came up against somebody with a quirk like mine? Someone able to deactivate your quirk leaving you with nothing but your support gear if it's not quirk dependant and your bare hands and feet. You need to learn how to win fights without any powers. You need to learn how to win when all you've got left is your ability in hand to hand combat. Uraraka has a headstart in that area since she's already done martial arts training with Gunhead on her internship which required her to fight without the use of a quirk. Because of that and further practice she's probably the most capable at hand to hand combat here. That only applies when quirks aren't involved though. Midoriya is clearly the best fighter if you're using them. Which is why you two will be sparring each other today" Mr Aizawa finished explaining. Deku and Uraraka looked at each other for a moment both of them blinking a few times taking in what their teacher had just told them. For some weird reason it hadn't hit them yet. Then they realised everybody was looking at them causing the information to finally sink in.

"WAIT WHAT!?...."