Chapter 22: A miracle

"No no no no no no no no no no no no" Uraraka mumbled to herself as she ran through the halls desperately looking for the right room.

"Come on come on where is it?" she continued to mumble petrified of what she would find when she got there.

"This isn't happening I'm gonna wake up and it's all just gonna be a dream right?" she said trying to convince herself that none of it was real. She was in denial.

"This is it this is the room" she burst through the door and the sight before her broke her heart.

"Deku..." she gasped her voice trembling. All Might and Recovery Girl turned to see her standing there in the doorway. Immediately All Might walked over to her and stood in front of her to block her view of the horrific scene.

"Young Uraraka you don't want to see this" he said his voice trembling slightly.

"I have to I have to see him All Might. Please move" she said as she looked down at her feet. Her body language was angry and ready for a fight. Rage was burning inside of her and she didn't care if he was the Symbol of Peace. Right now he was in her way and she'd move him if she had to.

"Please. Believe me when I tell you that you really don't want to see this" he said placing a hand on her shoulder. This caused her to look up and stare into his eyes with a burning rage that he was preventing her from seeing him.

"I've already seen it. So please. Move out of my way before I move you myself" she threatened. The number one hero was taken aback but understood how she felt. Even still he knew it was best she wasn't here and tried one last time to convince her to wait outside.

"Young Uraraka I really think it would be best if you-" he began but she cut him off.

"JUST FUCKING MOVE!" she screamed tears forming in her eyes. She didn't really want to hurt All Might or even try to attack him in any way. She was just hurting and right now she needed him to move out of her way and allow her to see it for herself.

"For heaven's sake All Might let the poor girl see him she's distraught" Recovery Girl said from behind him.

"Alright. I understand. You can see him. However you'll never be able to forget seeing him like this. Do you understand? There's no turning back" he warned her one last time offering her the choice of walking away while she still could.

"I don't care. I need to see him. I need to be by his side. I need to know he's ok" she said wiping the tears from her eyes.

"Well eventually he'll be ok when he makes a full recovery if that's what you mean but right now he's far from it young lady" Recovery Girl said still hidden by the enormous frame of All Might.

"Just let me see him. Please" she begged.

"For what it's worth I think you're making a mistake but here...see for yourself" he said stepping to the side to let her past closing the door behind her.

"Oh god... Deku...what did they do to you?" she said her hand over her mouth in shock. She ran over to the side of his bed to examine him more closely. He had a mask over his mouth to monitor his breathing and plenty of IV tubes as well as a heart monitor and he was hooked up to plenty of other machines that she didn't recognise. There were bandages all over his body where he'd been cut or injured. They almost covered his entire body. She could see the blood on them still though where he'd clearly been heavily bleeding. His face was bruised with cuts here and there too and one eye completely swollen shut his lips cracked and dry with yet even more cuts on them. He even had a bandage over his forehead that wrapped all the way around his head. There were very few places where he wasn't injured but she couldn't see his lower half under the sheets so she didn't know how bad his legs were. From what she could see his hands seemed to be the only thing untouched but even they seemed bloodied and bruised.