Chapter 44: Life at the top

It had been 3 weeks since Deku's fight against the big three. Naturally things were different after he showed the world why he was the new number 1 at UA. In fact they were very different. For starters he couldn't go out in public without getting recognised or asked for a photo or an autograph or whatever. Which meant dates with Uraraka had become pretty much impossible to do without getting any hassle. Not that it didn't have it's privileges of course. People in restaurants and stores were offering to give him stuff for free a lot of the time. They hardly ever had to wait in line for anything anymore. The pros didn't quite outweigh the cons though for Deku. All he wanted was to be able to spend some quality time with Uraraka without getting recognised every 5 minutes. He didn't like the fame. Or at least he thought he didn't like it he wasn't sure if he didn't like fame in general or if he just wasn't used to being the centre of attention.

"Young Midoriya" All Might said behind him in the hallway. They'd just finished class and Deku was walking to the cafeteria with Uraraka when the Symbol of Peace approached them.

"Oh hey All Might. Is everything ok?" Deku asked not quite sure why his mentor had decided to come looking for him.

"Everything's fine I just wanted to have a little chat is all. Is that ok with you young Uraraka?" he asked although he was more telling than asking.

"Yeah sure. No problem at all" she replied quite happy for Deku to have this conversation with his mentor. The truth was she already knew what this conversation was about. She could see Deku was struggling to cope with his new found fame and she didn't really know what to do so she'd asked All Might to talk to him about being the number 1. She herself had become almost as famous as Deku what with her being the girlfriend of UA's number 1 student. However Uraraka was coping with it a lot better than Deku was she didn't mind it too much she knew that this sort of thing came with being a hero and had done from the start even if she was asked some absurd questions sometimes. For example she'd been asked a lot about how good of a kisser he was. What he was like in bed. That sort of stuff. Her answer was always the same "I never kiss and tell" although she had been tempted to give some more entertaining answers.

"Are you sure you don't mind?" Deku asked feeling guilty about leaving her to talk to All Might.

"It's fine. It seems pretty important. I'll save you a seat ok?" she said before giving him a quick kiss.

"Ok I'll see you in a minute" Deku replied smiling at her.

"See you later" she said walking off towards the cafeteria.

"So. What's up?" Deku asked a little worried about why All Might wanted to talk to him.

"Come with me" All Might said turning around to walk back to the teachers lounge. Deku gulped.

Am I in trouble? Did I do something wrong? Is he mad? What did I do?

All Might looked over his shoulder to see Deku sweating like crazy and staring blankly ahead clearly lost in thought. The Symbol of Peace couldn't help but chuckle a little.

"Don't worry you're not in trouble. I just want to talk to you about something. Offer you some advice" All Might said reassuring the poor boy that he was going to be perfectly ok.

"Oh...ok. I see" Deku said taking a huge breath of relief.

"Come. Take a seat young Midoriya" All Might gestured towards the sofa as he held the door open for Deku to enter the teachers lounge. The moment Deku had sat down and the door was closed All Might deflated to his skinnier self his suit now extremely baggy on him.

"So what did you want to talk about?" Deku asked.

"I'll get to that but first how are you and young Uraraka getting along?" All Might asked.