Chapter 130: Facing the media

"Uraraka. You ok?" Mr Aizawa asked seeing that she was clearly nervous.

"Hm? Oh right sorry sir, I'm fine. I've just never done this before. It's a little nerve racking" Uraraka said forcing a smile to try and convince him that she was fine but he saw right through her. Anyone would, it was obvious how nervous she was. She wasn't very good at hiding it.

"It's ok to be nervous. Just choose your words very carefully. They'll twist whatever you say to suit their agenda anyway so it doesn't matter too much. My only advice is to be yourself and if somebody says something you don't agree with, let them know about it" Mr Aizawa said. Uraraka gulped at the idea of challenging a journalist who could write an entire article about her or Deku and completely ruin their image before they've even become heroes. Well Deku already was one now, it was just her.

"Um, maybe don't challenge them as much as Eraser does. Don't let them force you into saying something you don't mean or don't want to. No matter what you do though just remember you're representing the school and pro heroes too so whatever you say or do out there will be taken as a direct reflection on them both. So behave. Especially you Eraser" Midnight warned however he simply grunted disapprovingly.

"She's right. You represent both the school and pro heroes out there so do your best. And remember nothing is off limits. Be as transparent as you like with them. It's completely up to you two how much of the truth you wish to tell them. Is that ok with you both?" Nezu asked them. Uraraka and Mr Aizawa both looked down at the school principal before nodding to him.

Honesty is the best policy. Right? Just go out there and defend Deku.

"Very good. Now I'm going to go out there and get them all to simmer down and make a statement on behalf of the school, thank them all for coming and then I'll introduce you both. Just be ready when I do. See you out there" Nezu said in his usual cheery tone before turning to leave the room and step out into the press conference room along with Midnight.

I don't know about this. Am I really the one who should be up there? Why not Iida or Yaoyorozu? Those two are more level headed then I'm likely going to be up there. I'm not sure I want to do this.

"Relax Uraraka. No backing out now I'm afraid. There's already questions being asked about Midoriya. Seems All for One was right when he said people will already see him as a villain just because of who his father is. I've heard some people think he fought All for One just so he wouldn't have any competition to become the most powerful villain. Of course they're all crazies and out of touch with reality but expect them to ask you about those sort of things. Of course all you have to do is tell them the truth about who Midoriya is as a person. You're far more convincing when you tell the truth anyway but the room will likely be split between those who think he's secretly a villain and those who think he's the next big thing for heroes. Anyway I'm rambling just try not to worry, I'll help you out if you need it just give me a nudge or something and I'll step in" Mr Aizawa offered. Uraraka smiled, grateful for her teacher's support. For the first time all morning she didn't feel nervous for a brief moment.

"Thank you sir. I'll do my best" Uraraka said determined to defend Deku's honour.

Speaking of Deku...

"Sir. Has Deku been...you know..." Uraraka said a little embarrassed to ask. He looked at her, raising an eyebrow but he understood what she was trying to ask.

"Yes he was moved this morning. He's officially in prison. Don't worry though I made some special arrangements and they built a cell especially for him. All the perks too, he's got a TV, a couch, comfortable bed, he has his phone too and electricity so he can keep it charged as well as his laptop so he can contact you or anyone else whenever he likes and I'll be emailing him his school work that he's missing each day for him to do. In the meantime he has exercises and a dietary plan to help him build his muscle mass back up, he lost a couple of pounds at minimum in his coma. He can have visitors whenever he wants too and he's got his own mini gym in the cell with him. It's more of an apartment than a cell if I'm totally honest. Other than that he'll be treated like a regular prisoner, only he's never allowed to leave his cell" Mr Aizawa explained.