Chapter 8: The night of the party

This was it. Tonight is the night I'm going to tell Deku my feelings for him...or at least try to anyway. I've got a song in mind and I'll need the rest of the girls from our class to be backup singers but it all really depends on Deku getting the message. He might not even realise that I'm singing the song for him. How can I make it clear that I'm singing about him? Think girl think...

"Hey Uraraka are you in there?" Yaoyorozu called while knocking on her door. Uraraka jumped from her bed opening the door to greet her friend.

"Oh good you're here come in" Uraraka motioned for her to enter the room.

"So is this what you wanted?" Yaoyorozu asked.

"Yes it's perfect thank you Yaoyorozu you're the best. I would've gone way over my budget if you hadn't done this for me I appreciate it" Uraraka beamed hugging her friend.

"Hey it's no problem Uraraka but may I ask why you're going to such a great amount of effort tonight? Are you trying to impress a certain someone?" She teased. Uraraka suddenly let go of her blushing hard and trying her best not to make eye contact with her.

"No of course not!...but on the off chance I was who would you think I was trying to impress?" Uraraka questioned wanting to know if she really was that obvious.

"Oh I don't know a cute green haired boy who's name rhymes with...hm I can't think of anything his name rhymes with but anyway it's Midoriya you've clearly been crushing hard on him for a while now although I have to say the last week you've been staring at him even more than you usually do in class....oh my god wait a second...DID MIDORYIA ASK YOU TO GO AS HIS DATE TONI-" she was cut off by Uraraka's hand over her mouth.

"Shhhh keep it down will you" Uraraka begged her. Yaoyorozu held her hands up in the air in a 'I surrender' pose. Uraraka shushed her before slowly remove her hand from her friend's mouth.

"You really are smart Yaoyorozu. How'd you figure it out?" Uraraka asked curious how she managed to put two and two together all of the sudden.

"Well not to be blunt but like I already said...it's so obvious. You stare at him all the time in class, whenever you're both in the gym, in the corridors, at lunch and even when we're doing combat training you're always looking for him. Anyway I figured it out because you've been doing it way more than usual all week and the two of you have been talking about how excited you are for this party all week and just now as I was rambling I thought why is Uraraka going to such great lengths by asking me to make her such a personalised dress for tonight and then it hit me...he asked you out" Yaoyorozu explained. Uraraka stared at her for a minute before saying anything.

"You know sometimes you ramble on for way too long that could've been a much shorter explanation but yes he asked me out" Uraraka said.

"When?" Her friend asked bouncing up and down with excitement.

"A week ago" Uraraka mumbled not wanting to talk about it. She'd been trying her best to keep her and Deku's relationship quiet and just between him and her but she knew she wasn't getting out of this.

"So are you guys a couple or what?" Yaoyorozu asked her eyes wide in anticipation.

"No we're not a couple...yet" Uraraka replied through gritted teeth.

"Yet?...oh my god you're gonna tell him how you feel about him tonight aren't you!?" Her friend exclaimed practically bursting with joy.

Honestly I think Yaoyorozu is more excited about this than I am.

"Would you calm down my plan might not even work" Uraraka said.

"Plan? Just tell him or kiss him during a slow dance or something why a big plan?" She asked confused why Uraraka was making this more difficult than it needed to be.