Chapter 24: Mental torture

WARNING: This chapter mentions some pretty dark and very sensitive topics. Again if you're not an adult please take this into consideration before reading.

Thank you

_____________________________________________

"I don't know what to be more shocked by. The fact that he knocked out 16 villains by himself when he'd been starved and dehydrated for days not to mention beaten. Or the fact that the first thing he was worried about when he was fully awake was how many of them had been arrested. Like talk about being dedicated to the job but that's on another level!" Ashido said.

"Ashido please it was clearly very traumatic for him and for Uraraka" Yaoyorozu said warning her to be more thoughtful about what the experience had done to them.

"Oh yeah you're right. Sorry Uraraka" she said apologising to her friend.

"No you're right I thought the same thing. He hasn't been the same since he woke up. Don't get me wrong I'm glad he did it's a miracle he woke up as soon as he did and I'm glad he's already back at UA even if he is in a wheelchair at the minute but whatever they did to him clearly messed him up. He seems more on edge and he's been really protective of me since he woke up" Uraraka explained to the girls.

"Give him a break he was a hostage for 3 days. There's no telling what they did to him of course he'd be on edge" Jiro said trying to reassure her friend.

"Yeah you're right. I don't know I just keep thinking what if the torture wasn't physical? What if it was mental?" she questioned.

"What do you mean?" Asui asked.

"Well they said most of his injuries probably happened during his escape because if they'd happened before that he would've been dead long before then. Apparently the worst they probably did was a beating or two and thinking about it if they were going to give him to the league of villains they'd keep him in pretty good shape right? The leader of the league seems to really hate Deku so they probably didn't do any serious harm to him so that Shigaraki could do whatever he wanted when they handed him over. They probably thought that if they brought Deku to him half dead he'd be pissed with them for ruining his fun or something" Uraraka explained.

"Yeah I guess that makes sense but are you sure you're not just being paranoid?" Yaoyorozu asked.

"No I don't think I am. They managed to recover some surveillance footage from the warehouse. They got the whole fight on film. Deku was angry. The way he was fighting was different. He didn't just want to beat them he wanted to make sure he hurt them too. It looked like he just went into a rage and wasn't thinking about what he was doing he was just relentlessly went from villain to villain attacking them and landing blow after blow. He didn't even try to dodge their attacks he just let them land their hits that's why his injuries were so bad. The whole thing was impressive to watch him take down 16 villains all by himself but more than anything it scared me. That wasn't Deku. That was someone much darker. They did something to him" Uraraka explained yet again worried that the boy that had returned to UA wasn't the same light hearted boy that had left for a simple mission a few weeks ago.

"Ok if you're really worried we'll all keep an eye on him. Although I have to say he still seems like the same guy just more on edge" Yaoyorozu said.

"I agree in hindsight he doesn't seem any different he just seems really tense which is completely normal after going through that but I know what I saw on that tape and I didn't like it" Uraraka said her voice trembling a little.

"Talk to him. See what you can find out" Ashido suggested.

"What if he doesn't want to it was a pretty traumatic experience" Uraraka said.