Chapter 35: Training scenario

"You nervous?" Deku asked.

"Me? Shouldn't I be asking you that?" Uraraka replied.

"Usually I'd say yes but you've got that really intense look on your face. You seem kinda stressed out" he said a look of concern on his face.

"Oh I do? I guess I still can't hide that very well yet huh? It's fine I'm just a little concerned that your team is going up against Bakugo's. After the party he's really gonna go all out on you since we beat him" she explained.

"Yeah I know but I'm not worried. I feel even better than I did before I was kidnapped. I should be fine Ochako" he said smiling at her to give her some reassurance.

"Ok. I'm sure you will be" she said smiling back at him trying to hide her worry.

I know he's perfectly capable and Recovery Girl said he passed his medical with flying colours but it's Bakugo. There's no way he's going to take it easy and knowing Deku he'd prefer it that way but I'm just so worried he's gonna get hurt again.

"Ochako. I'll be fine. My injuries have healed completely. Even my broken ribs. If it wasn't safe for me to be training I wouldn't be here right now the teachers would never let me. All that's left from that day are my scars" he said taking her hand to try and calm her down.

"Yeah...those scars make you look sexy by the way" she said attempting to make herself feel better. It worked a little but she was still worried. Usually Deku might have given a flirty response but he was fully focused on the training. However he wanted her to be sure he was going to be ok before he set foot in the arena.

"Good to know. Anyway the point is I'm not going to get hurt again Ochako" he said before kissing her. As he did all the worry she had felt completely drained from her body and was replaced with warmth and confidence in him.

"Alright Deku. I believe you. Now go out there and show everyone why you're going to be the number one hero someday" she said this time smiling with confidence and faith in the green haired boy.

"Right" Deku said getting that determined look in his eyes.

Wow he's really pumped up for this. He best not do something reckless and get hurt or I'm gonna kill him...or if Bakugo hurts him I'll kill Bakugo... whatever he just better not get hurt.

"Young Midoriya!" All Might bellowed from behind him. He turned around to see his mentor beaming down at him.

"Yes sir?" he asked.

"It's time. Your team is waiting for you" he said.

"Alright. I guess I'll see you on the other side" Deku said turning to Uraraka. She gave him a quick kiss.

"Go kick some ass" she said before letting go of his hand allowing him to leave.

"I won't let you down" he said before walking towards the entrance of the arena. When he got there Kirishima, Jiro and Iida were waiting for him.

"Midoriya! It's about time. You ready?" Kirishima asked.

"Yeah I'm ready. What's the scenario?" he asked.

"Villains have bunkered down somewhere in the city. The area has been completely evacuated so we don't have to worry about civilians. They're waiting for reinforcements to help them escape. Our mission is to find and capture all 4 villains before reinforcements arrive. Failing that we have to prevent their escape and bring as many of them down as possible although we have no idea how many more villains could show up" Iida explained to him.

"I see. So for the best chance of success we need to capture all 4 of them before reinforcements arrive" Deku said.

"Yeah but we have to do more than just capture them. We have to extract them too so even if we capture all 4 of them their reinforcements could still show up to try and rescue them" Kirishima informed him.

"So in other words the longer this takes the less likely we'll be able to achieve our goal" Deku said out loud more to himself than anyone else.

"Exactly" Jiro said.

"Ok so we need to be as quick as possible for the best chances of success. However I think this exercise is more about teaching us to be patient even when the clock is ticking. That means we need to make sure we don't rush anything. We need to make sure we search thoroughly but also quickly. Do we know anything else?" Deku asked trying to think of a strategy.

"Yes. To make this exercise more realistic the villains don't know which heroes are coming for them or how many. However we know that the 4 we're after are Bakugo, Kaminari, Yaoyorozu and Todoroki" Jiro explained this time.

"So it's 4v4 until the reinforcements arrive and we have the advantage of knowing who we're up against. Not only that the 4 people we're up against are all extremely powerful opponents to face and are going to be hard to get close to and as soon as we're seen or we engage them they'll know who they're dealing with so at that point we're on even playing fields. Meaning we need to make the most of our advantage before we engage them and we need to make sure we spot them before they spot us. What are the rules of capture?" Deku asked.

"The same as when we did the exam against the teacher's. If we get these handcuffs on them they're captured however the slight difference being we still need to extract them to the exit once they're cuffed. We all have one set of handcuffs each. However we've also been told that if we can't get the handcuffs on them in a fight we can opt to knock them out first instead" Kirishima explained.

"Seriously? Knock them out? In training?" Deku asked a little shocked that they'd been given the authority to knock out their classmates.

"Yeah well it works both ways because if they knock us out it counts as a kill and we're eliminated from the exercise" Jiro said.

"This is gonna be intense" Kirishima said scratching the back of his head getting a little nervous.

"Yeah but it's realistic. In an actual fight against villains we can't pull our punches and they're not exactly going to just let us capture them so knocking them out is the best option. They're slowly trying to ease us into the brutal reality of being a hero. If we don't capture them or knock them unconscious they'll most likely kill us. That's what happened with the hero killer right Iida? If we hadn't have subdued him we would've been killed" Deku explained realising the method to the madness that was UA High's teaching methods.

"Well me and Todoroki maybe he did seem to be deliberately keeping you alive but you're right most villains wouldn't show that same mercy. We've gotta go all out on them even if they are our classmates" Iida said agreeing with him.

"I agree" Jiro added.

"Then we're all on the same page. Anyone got a plan?" Kirishima asked. Deku thought about all the information they'd given him slowly coming up with a plan until eventually he spoke.

"Yeah just the one..."

_____________________________________________

Sorry this one's so short I just thought it was better to do the battle as it's own chapter instead of adding it to this one.

I hope you're all still enjoying the story and again I can't stress how much I appreciate all the reads, votes and comments thank you all so much.