Chapter 54: Deku Vs Uraraka - round 1

"Ochako I'm not gonna hit you because I-" Deku began but never finished as Uraraka punched him across the face.

"Shutup. We're sparring so fight!" Uraraka screamed.

"What the hell has gotten into you Ochak-" again he never finished as she punched him in the stomach this time.

"I said shutup" she said ready to hit him again if he spoke. As soon as the sparring match had started Uraraka felt all this energy surge through her body. Suddenly she'd gotten really hyped up and excited for it.

Why? Why do I feel so hyped? I'm essentially beating up my boyfriend...no forget that. Right now he's not your boyfriend he's an enemy and you've gotta fight him. He needs to swallow his pride and just try and hit me already.

"Ochako please I don't want to- oof" Deku was cut off once more this time by Uraraka's foot slamming into his stomach sending him crashing into the floor.

"Get up Deku" she said waiting in her fighting stance. Deku slowly climbed back to his feet.

"Ochako I-" Deku began but the moment he was on his feet Uraraka did a spinning kick and her heel connected with his face sending him spinning through the air and back down onto the floor.

"Get up!" she screamed getting annoyed with him.

Deku just attempt to hit me at least for god sake this is embarrassing! I don't want to do this to you in front of our classmates but you're not giving me much of a choice here.

Deku scrambled back to his feet but this time he anticipated her attack. She attempted to punch him again but he sidestepped her attack with ease.

"I'm not going to hit you" Deku refused. She was wide open for a counter attack but he didn't take the opportunity.

"Fine!" she replied grabbing his arm and using his momentum to throw him back down to the floor again except this time she pinned him down with her knee while still holding onto his arm. The two of them locked eyes as they panted heavily both glaring at the other.

"Ochako what the hell?" Deku asked annoyed with her that she was doing this to him.

"I was going to ask you the same thing. Why aren't you fighting me?" she asked applying more pressure making him wince. Not that he was attempting to escape she just did it to remind him that she was kicking his ass.

"You know why" he replied.

"No I don't Deku" she said.

"I can't hurt you Ochako. I love you too much" Deku said breaking eye contact with her. Hearing this her expression softened completely and her intense demeanor completely disappeared. Her grip also loosened a little however she still had him firmly pinned down knowing Mr Aizawa would kill them both if she just let him get up.

Deku you dummy saying something so sweet at a time like this. You're making me feel so happy and warm. I want to kiss him so badly and tell him how much I love him but this isn't the time. If I do that he'll never fight. What can I say to make him get up and actually fight me? Think Ochako think....

"Trust me Deku you're not going to hurt me. We're not even using our quirks. If you don't fight me Deku you'll never become a strong enough hero to be the number 1 someday. I can teach you what martial arts I know which is only going to help improve your fighting style and technique but you've gotta get up and fight. You're not going to learn anything if I just keep knocking you on your ass Deku" she said. It had came straight from the heart. She wasn't thinking about any of what she was saying she was just speaking and going with the flow allowing her feelings to try and bring him round to fighting her.