Chapter 146: Prison break - part 3

"Oh hi boys" Mt Lady said as she grew to her larger form and she landed in the water surrounding the island. She was so tall that the water only reached her knees and she still towered above the island, looking down at all of the now terrified villains as she began flicking them around and toying with them all. Uraraka stopped her fall by making herself float just above the ground and then releasing herself so she gently touched down on the ground. Mirio simply passed straight through the floor before bursting right back out of it beside Uraraka. Nejire used the force of her beams to slow her descent until she touched down and Tamaki turned his entire body until a solid crustation like shell, slamming into the ground without taking any damage. Gran Torino used his jets to slow his fall and land safely. Kamui Woods used his branches to swing from one of Mt Lady's arms, straight into action as he landed in a crowd of villains, immediately taking them down before they knew what had hit them before moving onto the next group. The rest of the team also made their landings just in front of the police reinforcements that had arrived on the boats from earlier, setting up a barricade while the rest of the forces formed a shield wall, each officer equipped with quirk disabling handcuffs.

"Alright where's Midoriya's cell?" Mirio asked as they stood on the battlefield, surrounded by fighting, explosions, various different quirks and bodies on the ground, police and villains alike. It was a little overwhelming and Uraraka was taking a second to take it all in.

I...I can't tell which ones are unconscious and which of them are corpses....there's so many of them...if Deku's free...then how many...could he...and why is there music playing?...

"Uraraka! Snap out of it!" Gran Torino yelled pulling her out of her trance.

"Hm? Sorry, what?" she asked still not entirely there yet.

"Pull it together! Where's Midoriya!?" Gran Torino asked as a villain ran towards them and the old man took him out with a single kick, straight across his face. Mirio, Tamaki, Nejire and the old man had formed a protective circle around her since she wasn't paying attention and there were villains rushing them from all angles.

"Oh right. He's underground" Uraraka said not really giving them an answer.

"What!?" Mirio exclaimed a little confused and surprised by her answer as he punched a charging villain across the face sending him crashing along the ground.

"Right I should've explained it a little better. On the surface of the island is all the small time villains but the more dangerous ones are kept underground. The facility is a lot bigger than just this island, it goes deep under the ground and Deku is right at the bottom" Uraraka explained as one of the cell blocks exploded, unleashing a horde of yet even more villains as hundreds of them came flooding out of the area and through the smoke, charging into battle. However at the moment the heroes were winning quite comfortably, taking down villain after villain with ease. Their arrival had really turned the tide. Although Mt Lady was a huge part of that as most of the villains were now focused on her and she was swatting them like flies, making short work of them all. If they kept this up then the fight would soon be over and they'd just have Deku to worry about. Although Uraraka got the feeling that things weren't exactly going to be that easy.

"Come on, we're wasting time here! We need to move, now!" Tamaki yelled as he turned his arm into a huge tentacle and used it to slap a large group of villains away that were attempting to rush them.

"Relax guys, she's got this. Lead the way Uraraka. We'll be right behind you" Nejire said with her usual cheery tone and expression although her actions didn't match as she blew away a group of charging villains.

"Come on kid just start running to where you need to go and I'll clear a path for you as best as I can. I won't be able to get all of them though, I'm a little too old for that" Gran Torino said as he kicked yet another villain across the face. Uraraka finally pulled herself together and kicked into gear.