Chapter 29: What's wrong with Deku?

"Uraraka!" Iida called as they were leaving class. He and Todoroki had planned to talk to her as soon as classes had finished for the day. Deku wasn't there as he had to report to Recovery Girl for a physical examination to check on his progress and to possibly clear him from actually participating in training soon so this was the perfect chance for them to talk to her privately without Deku knowing.

"Oh hey Iida what's up? I was just going to meet Deku" Uraraka asked slightly impatient as she wanted to see how Deku's examination had gone.

"Would you mind walking with us for a moment? We won't keep you long I promise and we'd also like to come with you when you meet Midoriya" Iida asked.

"Sure I don't see why not. Is everything ok?" Uraraka said smiling happy to have company and happily reminding herself that it wasn't just her that cared about Deku's health but also the great friends that they had. However she wasn't sure why they wanted to talk to her so badly.

"No. It isn't" Todoroki said simply beginning to walk leaving Uraraka looking at Iida with a look that said 'what was that about?' unsure what she'd done wrong.

"Let's just catch up with him. I'll explain" Iida said gesturing for her to follow Todoroki. They began walking trailing behind Todoroki just a little and Uraraka was starting to worry.

Something has them scared to their core but what is it? Did something happen? Is Deku ok? Wait of course he is he's in Recovery Girl's office having his check up. So what's this about?

"So Uraraka how was your day?" Iida asked making small talk in the awkward silence.

"It was good thanks how about yours?" she returned his question going along with it as she wasn't quite sure what to do.

"It was good thank you" Iida said forcing a smile. He didn't know how to bring it up to her. Todoroki however was quite done waiting for Iida to say something.

"Alright let's cut the bullshit and get to the point I'm done pussy-footing around the subject. Uraraka have you noticed anything off with Midoriya lately?" he asked fed up with the small talk.

"Todoroki!" Iida scolded him but he wasn't paying him any attention. Uraraka meanwhile was completely taken aback. One because of how suddenly this had just been sprung on her and two because she wasn't quite sure where this was coming from.

"W-what? No? I don't think so? I mean no" she responded not quite sure of the answer herself.

Or is it just the shock? He seems fine. Right?....right?

"Well you're either not very observant or stupid. Or both" Todoroki said unimpressed that she hadn't managed to notice the obvious signs something was wrong.

"Excuse me?" Uraraka asked furious with his comment.

How dare he! What's he even saying?

"Todoroki apologize!" Iida demanded.

"No" he replied. Uraraka spun him round to face her.

"Now listen here Todoroki. I don't know what you're saying but if something is wrong with my boyfriend and you know something about it you best spill some beans right fucking now!" she demanded getting frustrated with his attitude and the worry that there might be something bothering Deku. She couldn't stand not knowing.

"Think about it Uraraka. You spend every day with him. You sleep together every night. You've had sex so you must know how his body feels and that he's skinnier than he was" Todoroki tried to explain still a little annoyed that she hadn't noticed Deku's clear distress even if he was hiding his emotions very well. Who knows he might not even have noticed it himself sometimes people are stressed out or something is bothering them and they don't even know it's happening to them.