Chapter 124: Stay

Well...I am quite frankly lost for words. Ngl a little emotional too I've put a lot of work into this story. All the love and support from day 1 has been astounding and I feel like I've amassed a very loyal and dedicated group of readers that keeps growing everyday and it's wonderful to see that. But 100k reads is just insane. I never would've imagined the story would hit those numbers so quickly but it has and that's all thanks to you guys and how much you love the story so thank you. I just hope I can continue to keep you guys hooked and keep making every chapter as exciting and as interesting as possible for you guys. Can't thank you all enough and I could sit here all day writing about how much I appreciate you all and your comments and votes and reads but that'll take too long and there's a story to get on with. With that being said please enjoy and now that we've hit 100k you best believe we're going for 200k now :)
_____________________________________________

It had been a few weeks since Deku's fight with All for One. Inko and Uraraka had hardly left his side visiting him every single day. However there was only one bed extra in the room so only one of them could stay overnight at a time so they'd been taking it in turns. Their classmates had come to visit too, including Bakugo, hoping that maybe he'd wake up soon but so far nothing. He was completely unresponsive. Iida had been coming along with Uraraka most days to visit his friend too however he never stayed for very long. Todoroki, on the other hand, went with Uraraka every single day and stayed at the hospital every night visiting his father who had also sustained serious and life threatening injuries however the only difference being was that Endeavour was already predicted to make a full recovery and was conscious. He'd likely be discharged soon but Deku was still an uncertainty as to if he'd even survive. In the meanwhile Eri was being looked after by whoever wasn't staying at the hospital out of Uraraka and Inko but she came along with Uraraka to visit each day. Every now and then she was certain she saw his eyelids or his fingers move slightly but he never did it was just her imagination. Right now she was sat by the bed, her hand placed on Deku's, watching his face carefully for any signs of life. Nothing.

"Mommy" Eri said trying to get Uraraka's attention.

"Yes Eri? What is it?" she asked not taking her eyes off of Deku for even a second.

Come on Deku. You're killing me here please wake up. Don't leave me on my own.

"Will daddy ever wake up?" Eri asked making Uraraka and Inko's heart skip a beat as their heads spun round to face the small girl who was sat on the end of the bed.

Crap! What do I tell her? I keep asking myself the same thing so if I tell her that he will I'd be lying.

"Hopefully Eri yes. I don't know for sure if he will or not but I hope he does" Uraraka said being honest with the poor girl. She couldn't lie about this. If she said yes he'll definitely wake up and he never does then Eri might never forgive her for lying to her about it. The small girl's expression didn't change and remained completely blank.

The poor girl. I wonder what's going on inside that head of hers. She's already been through enough. I hate to think how she'd react if Deku-...no...no that's not going to happen. He'll make it. Even so she was devastated when she saw Mirio and he wasn't anywhere near as bad as Deku is.

Eri looked down at her hands holding them out in front of her as Inko and Uraraka watched on in fascination wondering what the sweet girl was thinking.

"Can I help?" she asked looking back up at them offering to try and rewind Deku. Uraraka's heart stopped for a moment as she couldn't believe how sweet the young girl was.

"Unfortunately it's too late for you to use your quirk on him Eri. We should've brought you with us when it happened and maybe you could have prevented this. Even if we had there's no guarantee that you could've stopped this" Uraraka explained to the small girl. Now she looked upset. She just wanted to help save Deku the way he had helped save her. Although she'd been asking everyday if she could help him by using her quirk, Uraraka and Inko still hadn't gotten used to the look of disappointment on Eri's face every time they told her no.