Chapter 89: I've got your back

"Bye Eri we'll see you after school" Uraraka said waving farewell to the girl.

"Bye mommy" Eri replied with a bright smile on her face waving Uraraka goodbye. Deku however was stood out of sight from Eri completely silent and staring at the floor.

I'm worried about him. He seems really on edge. I'm not surprised I am too today is the first time we'll see any of our classmates since Deku told them about his quirk. I'm still not sure it was the right thing to do but it's probably good that he did otherwise they wouldn't trust him knowing he was hiding something from them.

"Deku. You gonna be ok?" she asked. He didn't respond he was still completely silent. She wasn't even sure he'd heard her he seemed lost in his own head.

"Hey. Did you hear me?" she asked giving him a gentle shove. That seemed to snap him out of it.

"W-what? Oh sorry Ochako. Did you say something?" he asked feeling guilty for not hearing whatever it was she was saying to him.

I'm such an idiot. I really need to learn to stay out of my own head.

"I was just asking if you're going to be ok? You seem really tense. I don't blame you I am too I'm really nervous how the class are going to react when they see you. Or me in fact" Uraraka admitted. She too was worried what her classmates would think of her.

"I know I'm sorry you're involved too. I wish things were different" Deku said his voice clearly pained.

"Look I knew what I was getting into when you told me about your quirk and I've kept your secret. I signed up for this so I'm not backing down now. Let's just get to class and hope for the best" she said smiling brightly at him to try and reassure him.

"Thanks for that by the way. It occurs to me I've never thanked you for keeping my secret especially when they were all pressing you for answers. I appreciate it" Deku said returning her smile.

"It's no problem you don't have to thank me for it we're a couple that's what we do we look out for each other and watch each other's backs" Uraraka assured him.

"No I do need to thank you" Deku said as he grabbed her by the waist as they were walking side by side and spun her so that she was facing him pulling her in as close as he could before kissing her. Uraraka was a little surprised by his actions with her eyes widened in shock but they soon closed and fell into the ecstasy of his kiss and her arms wrapped around him. Eventually their lips pulled apart as the two of them gasped for air completely breathless from the moment they'd just shared.

"What...what was...what was that for?" she asked both stunned and amazed.

"A thank you" Deku replied with a smirk on his face.

"I told you you don't need to-" she began but Deku cut her off.

"If you say it I'll have to kiss you again. We'll be late for class" Deku joked.

"Don't tempt me" she replied chuckling a little as she did and earning a smile from Deku.

"Come on let's get to class. I'm sure it won't be that bad..."

*A few minutes later*

"WE'RE WHAT!?" Uraraka and Deku both screamed in unison.

"You're going to spar the whole class. One at a time. One after the other. No breaks. No rest. Just opponent after opponent until you either lose or you beat them all" Mr Aizawa explained.

"But sir why is just me and Ochako that have to do this?" Deku asked.

"Because I said so. Now all of you go put your hero costumes on and don't speak a word to each other. Midoriya and Uraraka you wait here a few minutes then when everybody is finished you two can go put your costumes on" Mr Aizawa said deliberately keeping them behind so he could talk to them.

"But sir-" Ashido began but Mr Aizawa cut her off.

"But nothing. All of you go. Now" Mr Aizawa ordered as a final warning. They all got the message and everybody except Uraraka and Deku rose from their seats and left the classroom to change into their hero costumes.

"Alright you two listen up. Some of your classmates took the news about Midoriya's quirk pretty well and have already realised they were too quick to judge. Some of them are still angry about it or are more than likely jealous. The rest of them aren't entirely convinced by your story however with a little help from Bakugo confirming a few details that group of individuals may no longer exist. So today's training is about one thing and one thing only" Mr Aizawa explained.

"What's that sir?" Uraraka asked already not liking where this was going.

"Today is about Midoriya proving his worth to his classmates. That he's not just some lucky chum granted an extremely powerful quirk that means he wins every fight he's in. Today Midoriya is all about you proving your worth as a hero to your classmates regardless of what quirk you have. Which is why-" Mr Aizawa was cut off as Deku already knew what he was going to say.

"I have to beat them without using my quirk" Deku said finishing his sentence for him.

"Exactly" Mr Aizawa said.

"Sir that's not fair! That's a completely unfair advantage!" Uraraka protested.

"That's exactly the point Uraraka. If Midoriya can defeat all of his classmates without the use of his quirk he'll prove to them that he's more than just his quirk. Some of them seem to forget the things that he's accomplished since he started at UA. I for one have not as I'm sure you haven't either. Just know I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't think Midoriya was capable. During the first few weeks of school he learned how to win without using his quirk so there's no reason he won't be able to do it now that he's a more capable fighter. Besides he's not going to be on his own he'll have you with him to help him out. Don't forget it's going to be 2 Vs 1 in every sparring match so you have the numbers" Mr Aizawa explained.

"He's right" Deku said realising this was the best way to prove to the remainder of the class that doubted him.

"Deku you can't be serious. Just give it time they'll all come around eventually they're not stupid they'll see that you are where you are now because of you and not your quirk" Uraraka pleaded refusing to let him fight his classmates without using his quirk.

"Ochako. I have to do this. If they want to see me prove my worth then I will. I'll make all of them see just how strong I am. Not how strong my quirk is. How strong I am" Deku said clenching his fist. Uraraka could see there was no way of stopping him from doing this.

"Alright fine. If you're going through with this then I'll be right there by your side. We'll do this together. I'll utilize my quirk to the best of my ability to give us the best chance of winning" Uraraka said getting fired up. Deku smiled and nodded at her.

"Thanks but I don't need protection. I just need you to fight alongside me. We can win this even if I can't use my quirk" Deku said also now fired up. Uraraka nodded back to him letting him know that she understood.

With Ochako by my side there's nothing I can't do. Whatever it takes I'll win. I refuse to lose. I'll show them just how strong I am! And why I deserve the power of One for All!...