Chapter 99: Protective mother

"Why did you leave her with Bakugo!?" Uraraka questioned their red haired friend walking over to him and grabbing him by his shirt in a very threatening manner. 

"Hey don't look at me! Midoriya knew about it too!" Kirishima protested still eating his slice of cake. Deku gulped knowing what was coming as Uraraka's head spun around and her eyes locked with his but she was glaring at him.

Why does it feel like she could kill me just by looking at me?

"Deku!" she screamed making him flinch.

"Yes?" he replied his voice shaky and full of fear.

I know she won't hurt me when I'm already in this state but even still she's absolutely terrifying when she's like this.

She let go of Kirishima and stormed back across to Deku grabbing him by the shirt this time.

"Did you know about this!?" she questioned pulling him up by his shirt using both of her hands and her eyes locked on him. Deku thought back to when they had left Bakugo back at the house and how Eri was with Mr Aizawa.

Of course Kacchan obviously managed to convince Mr Aizawa that he was there to babysit for us. If I'd realised that at the time I would've made Kirishima stay instead of Kacchan. Although that wouldn't have worked Mr Aizawa had already seen him. We didn't have a choice. Oh right I should probably answer her question before she kills me.

"Sort of?" Deku said not sounding sure himself but only to try and come across as innocent in this situation. It didn't work however as Uraraka only seemed to get angrier.

"What do you mean sort of!?" she screamed demanding answers her grip tightening and causing Deku to flinch once again.

Ok this is getting annoying I'm not gonna let her keep shouting in my face like this.

"Look I'm sorry but it was an emergency we were at the house looking for you when Mr Aizawa showed up with Eri back from her training. He'd already seen Kacchan but he hadn't seen me or Kirishima so he decided to stay behind to cover for us so that we could sneak out the back and come find you. My guess is he somehow convinced Mr Aizawa that he was there to babysit Eri for us although I have no idea how so he obviously just left her with Kacchan because you weren't home. So if you wanna blame somebody you should blame yourself for not being a responsible mother and finding someone else to babysit" Deku said in defiance although he immediately regretted it especially when the whole room gasped as he did. Uraraka's head dropped and looked down to the floor.

"What did you just say?" she asked clearly furious with what he'd just said as she was reaching boiling point.

"Uh oh" Asui said seeing where this was going.

"He done fucked up" Ashido said knowing what Deku had just gotten himself into.

"I...I... Ochako I didn't mean it I'm sorry I just meant that-" Deku began to try and defend himself and climb out of the hole that he'd just dug for himself but it was too late for that Uraraka cut him off slapping him across the face albeit very gently knowing he was already injured and not wanting to do him any further harm despite what he'd just said to her.

"How dare you! After everything today you really have the nerve to blame me!?" she screamed.

"Ochako I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that I was just getting a little annoyed at the way you were screaming in my face and holding me by the shirt so I wasn't really thinking about what I was saying. Can you please let go of me? And calm down?" Deku asked speaking gently and softly. It worked as his words and the tone in which he'd spoke them slowly soothed her mind and put her at ease as she finally let go of his shirt and hugged him.