Chapter 46: An awkward evening

"I can't believe her!" Deku protested walking back and forth in his room.

"I can't believe that's what All Might really looks like" Uraraka said still in disbelief.

"Why didn't she tell me?" Deku asked but he was talking more to himself than anyone else.

"So when he's not in school or doing hero stuff that's what he looks like?" Uraraka asked.

"Why? I don't get it why is he here?" Deku asked himself yet again.

"Deku!" Uraraka screamed at him to snap him out of his own head.

"What?" he asked a little frustrated. Not at her he was just stressed out that he was about to have dinner with his girlfriend, his mother and his childhood hero.

"I was asking you about All Might" she said raising an eyebrow at him in a disapproving manner. He got the message.

"Sorry what were you asking?" he asked feeling guilty.

"I was asking you if that's how he looks when he's not at school or when he's not doing hero stuff" she said repeating herself.

"Yeah pretty much whenever he's not being the Symbol of Peace that's what he looks like" Deku informed her.

"So is that why he retired? Because he can't stay in that big muscular form of his" Uraraka asked.

"Yes it is. His fight with All for One was being filmed on national news but the camera crew were taken out by the shockwaves of their attacks during the fight. They were in a helicopter and it couldn't take the force of the wind they were producing their punches were that powerful so nobody actually saw him in his skinnier form. When they did get the camera back on him he managed to maintain his muscular form for a few seconds to deliver the "your next" line. After the fight he was worried he was completely done and wouldn't be able to use his muscular form at all anymore. However once he allowed all of his injuries to heal properly without using that form and with a bit of help from Recovery Girl he actually managed to make a good enough recovery that he can still walk around and be the Symbol of Peace when he needs to be but if he even tries to fight or exert himself in any way he'll revert back to his true form in an instant. It's just for show at this point it doesn't actually have any practical use anymore. Even now he can barely hold onto that form for an hour at most" Deku explained.

"Well...that's a lot to take in" Uraraka said scratching her head not knowing quite what to think of the situation.

"You can't tell anyone Ochako" Deku pleaded.

"Don't worry I won't his secret is safe with me" Uraraka promised.

"Good" Deku said knowing he could trust her.

"It makes sense I guess. It's not like it just goes away after one big fight like that you'd expect it to be a more gradual decrease even if he did lose a lot of his strength that day" Uraraka said thinking about it a little.

What she doesn't realise is that I'm draining his strength too. He gave his power to me which means it's slowly transferring over to me meaning I'm increasing the rate at which his power is deteriorating but that's a conversation for another day. However she is right even with the amount of power he lost that day and is continuing to lose each day since then it makes sense that it would be a gradual decline and not simply gone overnight.

"Yeah it does. Anyway we should probably go back out there mom probably thinks I'm mad at her" Deku said feeling a little guilty all of the sudden.

"Yeah she probably does. Are you mad?" she asked.

"No. I was just shocked that's all I wasn't expecting it" Deku explained. It was true he was acting like he was mad at his mother but in reality he was just surprised to see his mentor joining them for dinner.