Chapter 36: The battle part 1

"3...2...1...BEGIN!" All Might's voice bellowed over the intercom.

"Jiro do it" Deku said as soon as they entered the arena. She'd recently gotten a new piece of support gear that basically acted as a sonar device. So when she sent out her waves of sound she'd get feedback on her display meaning she could detect enemies at a larger radius and not just through walls.

"Nobody in this sector" she said giving them the all clear.

"Ok onto the next one. Everybody keep a lookout we need to maintain the element of surprise for as long as possible" Deku said keeping an eye out for any signs of movement.

"Yeah about that Midoriya as soon as I defect where they are they're going to know they're up against me. It's not exactly discreet" Jiro explained.

"Yeah I know I figured as much. It's ok they still won't know where we're coming from or who the rest of us are until we're seen. Just stick to the plan for now" Deku said reassuring them that his strategy would work.

"Alright Midoriya. Hey we've reached the next sector. Jiro you're up" Kirishima said as they formed a circle around her keeping an eye out for any attack that might come.

"They're here. About 300 meters that way" she said pointing to her right.

"Then let's go. Everybody stay low and keep quiet we still have the upper hand so let's use it" Deku said. Since they were following his plan they'd all agreed that he should lead. Naturally Deku ended up leading the group most of the time anyway. His quick thinking and natural ability for strategy made him a great leader as well as his ability to inspire those around him to give their all.

"200 meters" Jiro warned.

"Then stop scanning for them otherwise they'll know we're getting closer and what direction too" Iida said. She did as he said.

So far so good. We've found them in next to no time at all. Let's just hope they don't see us coming otherwise my plan is going to be a little difficult to pull off.

"Hey guys I can see them" Kirishima whispered. Every one of them quickly dove for cover so they could analyse the situation. Yaoyorozu, Todoroki, Kaminari and Bakugo had bunkered down in some rubble with a ruined building behind them.

That'll work in our favour. We can box them in and they'll have nowhere to go. However something is bugging me and I can't quite put my finger on it. I feel like there's more to this than a simple villain escape. We didn't have a lot of information we were just told who they were, they had reinforcements incoming and they were trying to escape. But why? What were they trying to escape with? Or who were they trying to escape with? There's something else going on with this exercise.

"It doesn't seem like they've noticed us yet" Iida stated.

"Yeah but they know we're coming. Yaoyorozu will have alerted them she knows about my knew sonar" Jiro informed them.

"It's ok. They only know who one of their opponents is and they don't know how many more opponents they'll have to face or who they are. Their best bet is to hold out for reinforcements. Which means we have to capture them right here and now" Deku explained.

"Right. We're gonna take them totally by surprise and have all 3 of them in cuffs before they even know what 'em" Kirishima said getting excited.

"Calm down Kirishima we've got a lot of work to do. I honestly think finding them is going to be the easiest part of this whole exercise. The real test starts now. You all remember the plan?" Deku asked.

"Yeah we know what to do Midoriya. Just lead the way" Kirishima said giving him a thumbs up.

"Alright. Let's get as close as possible first. The less distance we have to cover the better" Deku said before vaulting over their cover and moving to the next. They followed suit all of them slowly moving from cover to cover careful not to be seen.