Chapter 145: Prison break - part 2

"How much longer!?" Uraraka asked having to shout into her microphone just so the pilot could hear her. She was sat in a police helicopter along with Mirio, Tamaki and Nejire, on their way to the prison. The helicopter was the fastest option and the four of them had jumped in as soon as it had arrived at the factory where they had defeated Maindo. However it wasn't the only helicopter, there were 3 of them, flying in formation, alongside one another. Mt Lady, Gun Head, Gang Orca, Fat Gum, Gran Torino, Ryukyu, Kamui Woods and Tiger were riding in the other two helicopters too, joining them straight from the raid on the factory. Some of the other pros had stayed behind to help the police take the drugged heroes into custody so that they could keep them from harming anybody and hopefully take them somewhere where they could be cured.

"Not long now. ETA 2 minutes" the pilot responded shouting back to her over the headsets, the sound of the blades, deafening as her head rattled from the extremely rough ride.

We don't have 2 minutes.

"Alright listen up, we're on our own for now in terms of other heroes joining us but we'll be joining in with a counter strike from the police, they have forces inbound to the prison now, we should arrive at the same time. Our primary objective is containment. Midoriya comes second. Got it?" Gran Torino asked over the headset and Uraraka could see him looking straight at her from the other helicopter.

"With respect sir I don't think Deku is going to give us much of a choice. If Maindo is controlling him or if the drug has taken over him then he'll likely be running riot throughout the prison. If he's already reached the surface then we won't have much choice but to fight him, regardless of whatever else is going on. If he escapes then who knows how many lives he'll take. Containment is definitely our number 1 priority but more specifically, Deku's containment" Uraraka replied understanding why Gran Torino had given them such orders but disagreeing with them nonetheless. Regardless he was looking at her, very disapprovingly.

"Now listen here young lady if you even-" Gran Torino began to try and put Uraraka back in her place however he was cut off.

"Sir she's right. Midoriya is without a doubt the most dangerous person to let off the island. We should prioritise his containment and do our best to keep any other villains from escaping" Mirio said cutting in and taking Uraraka's side. A little surprised she turned her head to look at him to see a big smile on his face as usual, making her smile too and nod to him in appreciation.

"Look I understand but we can't afford to go chasing after one insanely powerful teenager over the containment of the entire prison" Gran Torino argued understanding their personal feelings and their thought process but he knew that as heroes their mission was to contain the threat. The entire threat, not just Deku. Uraraka and Mirio's smiles quickly faded realising that the old man was right, both looking to one another, each of them just as disappointed as the other but they accepted the reality of the situation.

"Why don't we do both?" Nejire asked all of the sudden in her usual cheerful tone making Uraraka and Mirio both looked in her direction.

"What do you mean?" Mirio asked.

"How?" Uraraka asked almost exactly at the same time as Mirio spoke.

"What the hell are you kids talking about?" Gran Torino asked wondering what on earth Nejire possibly could be thinking.

"Prison is coming into view now" the pilot informed them all. Uraraka looked out of the window to see the city off to the side where she could just about see UA in the distance and straight ahead of them was a small island which they were heading straight for.

I'm coming Deku. Just hang in there.

"We're almost there so Nejire tell us what you have in mind and make it quick" Uraraka said turning her attention back to the other girl.

"Well there's 12 of us, right? Not to mention there's likely heroes already on the ground.  11 of us are some of the highest rated combat heroes around and Uraraka just happens to know her way through the prison to Midoriya, right?" Nejire said looking at Uraraka, waiting for an answer.

"Right. Where are you going with this?" Uraraka asked not quite understanding what she was saying just yet.

"We could split up. 8 of us could stay on the surface and help the police contain the prisoners until some backup arrives. While the remaining 4, led by Uraraka, make their way to Midoriya" Nejire suggested as Uraraka's eyes lit up, fully onboard with the idea.

"It's not a bad idea" Tamaki commented thinking about how likely that plan was of succeeding.

"Are you crazy? 4 of you against the kid? He'll kill you all" Gran Torino said refusing to even entertain the idea.

"Maindo said the dose he gave to Deku was much weaker. Maybe that means he can fight it? Or maybe seeing some familiar faces might make him snap out of it long enough for us to have an opening" Uraraka reasoned as they were just seconds away from the prison now. For a moment there was silence as Gran Torino thought it over.

"Alright fine. We'll focus on containment and aiding the counter strike. Tamaki, Nejire and Mirio you go with Uraraka. If seeing a familiar face helps him snap out of it then the four of you are our best options. He's closest with you guys. You'd better hope this plan works kids, otherwise there's no telling what he'll do if he escapes" Gran Torino said warning them that if this went wrong it was on them.

No pressure then. I know Deku will pull through. He has to...it's Deku. He always pulls through...

"Don't worry we've got this" Uraraka said certain that they'd win this one. Although she would soon have to put her money where her mouth is.

"We'll soon find out. Look there's the police counter strike" Gran Torino said. Looking through the window and down at the sea, Uraraka could just about make out the police boats, speeding towards the island.

"How long pilot?" Gran Torino asked.

"15 seconds sir. LZ is too hot to land so I'm afraid you'll all have to jump" the pilot replied.

"No problem. Just get us as close as you can. Everyone good on the plan?" Gran Torino asked.

"Yes sir" was the response from the rest of the team.

"Good. Then all of you, prepare to jump. We'll be fighting the moment we land. It's gonna be a long morning and there's a storm brewing" Gran Torino said. Looking into the distance, Uraraka realised that he meant it quite literally. There was a humongous, dark grey cloud in the distance, stretching out for miles in each direction, heading right for them.

"That storm means you'll be getting little to no air support sir" the pilot informed them.

"I'm aware of that. Just drop us off and then get the hell out of here, we can handle this until reinforcements arrive" Gran Torino ordered.

"Yes sir. 5 seconds to jump" the pilot informed them. In response everybody flung the side doors of their helicopter open and took of their headsets, preparing themselves for a fight and a big one at that.

I'm here Deku... I just hope I'm not too late.

"3!..." The pilot screamed over the noise of the helicopter since none of them had a headset on anymore so he was having to shout even louder for them to hear anything as he counted them down.

"Brace yourselves!" Gran Torino yelled as they just about heard him over all the noise as the island was almost right underneath them as they began to hear the sirens and alarms and the fighting that was taking place.

"2!....1!....GO! GO! GO!" the pilot screamed at the top of his lungs as they flew over the battlefield of prisoners and police and the odd hero, fighting bellow them. However before any of them had any time to take in the battle or think about what they were getting themselves into they all jumped from their helicopters and plummeted towards the ground, the storm in the distance, closing in rapidly.

Deku you've saved me and countless others so many times....now it's my turn to save you...