Chapter 17: Girl time

"Izuku! Have you been eating properly? Getting enough sleep? You're not overworking yourself are you?" Inko asked still not used to spending time away from her son.

"Mom I'm fine. I've been eating and sleeping plenty and no I'm not overdoing it I've been sticking to my training program like All Might told me to" he told her giving her a hug so she'd relax. She returned his embrace taking a big breath to calm herself. Uraraka observed the scene.

Wow she really is as protective as he says. I can only imagine how difficult it is for her when he's not here all week. What's brushing against my leg?

She looked down to see a small very fluffy black cat stood in-between her legs brushing its tail against her. It was looking up at her and meowed.

"Aww look at you" she said kneeling down to let the feline sniff her hand. Once it was satisfied she began to stroke it before picking it up.

"Ah I see you've already met Charlie" Inko said noticing Uraraka holding her cat.

"She's gorgeous. Oh where are my manners? It's a pleasure to meet you Mrs Midoriya I'm Ochako Uraraka" she said introducing herself.

"Oh please don't be so formal call me Inko and the pleasure is all mine. Please come in" Inko offered welcoming the girl into her home.

"Thank you" Uraraka said as she took her shoes off still holding the feline in her arms.

"Izuku has told me a lot about you" she said as they walked into the living room.

"Oh did he now?" Uraraka asked looking at Deku and raising an eyebrow.

"Mom please don't embarrass me" he said getting nervous and scratching his head avoiding the gaze of his girlfriend.

"Oh don't worry I won't. I was just going to tell her how you're always talking about her whenever you come home and all the amazing things she did in training and how pretty she is-" Inko rambled before Deku had heard enough.

"MOM!" Deku yelled getting embarrassed. Uraraka just burst out laughing.

"Aww you're so sweet sometimes. How long has he been talking about me might I ask?" Uraraka asked wanting to wind Deku up a little.

"Uraraka!" Deku shouted unimpressed that the two most important women in his life were double teaming him.

"Oh months dear I'm surprised he didn't ask you out sooner" Inko replied.

"Please stop" Deku begged. Uraraka began laughing again.

"Ok fine I'll stop. We can talk about all that when Deku's not here can't we Inko?" Uraraka said teasing the poor boy.

"Of course dear. There's so much to talk about where to begin?" she said happy to tell the girl whatever she wanted to know about Deku and she too was having fun watching her son get more and more red faced and flustered.

"Great as long as I'm not here to hear it that's fine" Deku said not wanting to hear another word. Charlie meowed and jumped down from Uraraka's arm running off into the kitchen.

"Oh yes of course it's feeding time" Inko said scrambling after her.

"You want a soda?" Deku asked Uraraka.

"I'd love one thanks" she replied.

"Ok I'll get you one. Feel free to sit on the couch" he said gesturing towards the sofa in the living room.

"Will do" she said happy to sit down after all the walking around they'd been doing today.

"Oh dear no no no no no no no..." Inko began to mumble.