Chapter 64: The truth

"Great work today young Midoriya. You're sure you're not overdoing it?" All Might asked worried he was putting the teenager's body through too much.

"No it's fine All Might I can take it. If anything I was worried I wasn't doing enough" Deku said taking a swig of water covered in sweat.

"Fair enough if you're sure" All Might said trusting the boy to tell him the truth. He'd overdone his training once before but he figured once was enough for the teenager to have learnt his lesson. Truth be told he was very intelligent for his age.

"I'm sure. Don't worry I know when I'm doing too much. Anyway I best head off before people start worrying about me" Deku said drinking the last of his water.

"Alright yeah sure kid. Make sure you take a shower first young man. You stink" All Might teased.

"Gee thanks" Deku said sarcastically.

"I'm messing with ya. Now go on off you go I'll see you here tomorrow" All Might said.

"Yeah I'll see you tomorrow" Deku said walking towards his bag opening it to grab a clean shirt. As he did he noticed his phone ringing although it stopped before he had a chance to answer it. He picked up his phone to see he had 54 missed calls from Uraraka and 1 text from her.

That's strange. I wonder what's so important. I hope she's ok.

He unlocked his phone to open her text. It simply said "we need to talk" which immediately caused Deku to panic.

Talk? What about? Is she mad at me? Is she breaking up with me? She's been acting kind of strange over the last few weeks but then again we've barely had a chance to speak to each other and see each other with all the work we've been doing. I better get back to the dorms quick.

He sent her a quick text telling her he'd just finished at the gym and was on his way before putting his phone in his bag and slinging it over his shoulder before sprinting towards the dorms. His mind was racing at a thousand miles an hour trying to figure out what Uraraka needed to talk about so badly.

What's going on? Is it about us? Eri? Schoolwork? Did somebody get hurt? Is mom ok? Are her parents ok? What the hell is happening? It's so frustrating not knowing!... just calm down and get to the dorms I'm sure it's fine.

It was not fine. He had no idea Uraraka knew the truth about his quirk. Or at least how he got it anyway.

Come on come on come on come on hurry up! My legs are exhausted after that workout I can barely walk nevermind run.

He could finally see the dorms in the distance making him sprint full force but as he did a horrible thought occurred to him.

Oh my god...is she pregnant!?

He somehow managed to run even faster despite being exhausted as he ran up to the dorms doors and straight up the flight of stairs to Uraraka's room knocking on the door.

"Ochako? I'm here? Is everything ok?" He called. Nothing. Complete silence. He knocked again begining to worry.

"Ochako are you in there? What's going on? I'm worried about yo-" he never finished his sentence as the door swung open although he couldn't see Uraraka yet as she was stood behind the door.

"Uh...can I..." Deku trailed off but Uraraka got the message.

"Yes come in" she said from behind the door. Deku slowly and reluctantly walked into her room and as he did she slammed the door shut behind him although she didn't face him.

"Ochako. What's wrong?" he asked.

"You know the other day after Eri left? When I was on my knees clutching my chest and sobbing my eyes out because I'd just gone from devastation to absolute joy and I couldn't take it. Well you said you had a moment in your life when you did the exact same thing. Which got me thinking about when that could have been and what it could have been. From what I know the answer was pretty obvious. It was when you got your quirk wasn't it?" she asked.