Chapter 111: Inko meets Eri

"Uuuuugh. My head is pounding. Fuc- ah Izuku! Ignore me I wasn't going to say anything!" Inko exclaimed as she awoke from her alcohol induced coma with a very painful hangover stopping herself from swearing when she saw her son sat by the bed.

"Sure. Of course you weren't" Deku replied smirking at her knowing full well that she almost swore in front of her son.

"I wasn't. Wait a minute. When did you get here?" she asked confused why she was in bed and her son was sat in a chair next to it.

"A few hours ago. I came by to see you and apologise for being so distant lately before Ochako and Eri came here. They should be here in a minute but I came early to speak with you in private except when I got here you were passed out in the shower which was on by the way and you were fully clothed so you were lay against the wall soaking wet in your clothes" Deku explained. Inko felt awful and extremely guilty. Then again she'd been feeling like that a lot lately.

"I'm sorry you had to see me like that. Honestly Izuku I don't usually behave in such a manne-..." she trailed off suddenly realising something causing her face to go bright red.

"Oh my god mom are you ok!? Are you going to be sick!? I've got a bowl!" Deku exclaimed suddenly extremely worried about her seeing the colour of his mother's face worried that she was going to be sick from the hangover and holding out a bowl in front of her face just in case.

"Izuku...what happened to my wet clothes?" she asked dreading and already knowing the answer as she nervously gripped the bedsheets tightly. Deku froze as his heart skipped a beat and his face went just as red as his mother's.

"I... I um...put them in the dryer" Deku explained avoiding any and all eye contact with his mother opting to stare at the floor instead way too embarrassed to tell her anything more although she could figure it out for herself.

"S-so...you undressed me? And put these clothes on me?" she asked gripping tightly at her bedsheets unsure how to feel about the situation.

"Yes but I didn't see you naked. I...I didn't change your underwear. Somehow that was kinda dry. So I just put you into some old pyjamas of yours to avoid getting some of your nicer or newer ones wet" Deku explained very quickly although he still couldn't look his mother in the eyes. In fact he couldn't even look in her direction still.

"I... Izuku...I don't...I don't know what to say" Inko said chuckling nervously as both she and her son were both incredibly embarrassed.

"You don't have to say anything. I just did it because you've done so much for me all these years and you've always taken such good care of me so I figured this was the least I could do for you. Especially since I'm the one that caused it" Deku said his voice weak and breaking as he said that last sentence. This however caused Inko to finally let go of the bedsheets and look her son in the eye completely forgetting her embarrassment as her motherly instincts took over seeing and hearing his pain.

"Izuku what are you talking about? Why do you think it's your fault?" Inko asked.

"You told me that you thought I hated you" Deku replied still avoiding his mother's gaze although it wasn't out of embarrassment anymore it was from shame.

"Izuku. Look I won't lie I did think that you hated me. This isn't the first time I've thought that either I thought the same thing for years when I told you that I wish things were different when you asked me if you could be a hero. I never forgived myself for that until you got into UA. After I told you about your father I thought you were avoiding me because you hated me for not doing things differently or for not asking Hisashi more questions about who he really was or-" Inko explained but Deku had heard enough he didn't need to hear her reasons or excuses he just needed to tell her what he wanted her to know. What she needed to know.