Chapter 129: The beast inside

"What do you mean lock you up?" Mr Aizawa questioned completely and utterly confused by Deku's request. Everyone was in Deku's hospital room from his coma. He wasn't seriously injured or anything it was more to make sure he now had the time to recover properly from his coma. Everyone else had already had a check up and been cleared with no major injuries to report that needed treating however they'd all been advised to take it slow since they'd been knocked out but thankfully after a few scans, the doctors informed them that none of them would have any further complications. However if they felt anything unusual or out of the ordinary they were to come back straight away. Nobody had gone home though because they all wanted to check on Deku and he'd asked them all to come to his room anyway to give them their quirks back. Part of him thought it'd be funny to mix people's quirks up. For example giving Bakugo, Mineta's quirk just to piss him off however he decided not to do that after all and gave everybody their quirks back, much to their relief. However he also wanted to talk to them about something. Although none of them were expecting him to ask to be locked away.

"Exactly what I said, lock me up" Deku said not really giving him a satisfactory answer.

What on earth is he talking about? Wait a minute, does this have something to do with earlier?

"Deku is this because of what happened in that building during the fight? When you were talking to yourself...when you...when you..." Uraraka hesitated to say it in front of everybody but they all remained silent waiting for her to say what she was going to say. Deku included knowing full well what she was going to say and already feeling the guilt and shame.

"When you attacked me" she said avoiding any eye contact with everyone in the room and flinching as she said it.

"What did you say!?" Iida exclaimed suddenly enraged at the idea of Deku attacking Uraraka. Simply because it didn't make sense to him and he refused to believe it, going straight into denial.

"Uraraka that's not funny" Todoroki said also feeling and thinking the same as Iida. The two of them refused to believe it, both of them assuming it was some sort of sick joke.

"Guys I'm serious. He attacked me. He didn't hit me and he stopped himself the moment he realised what he was doing but he did pin me to the ground and raise his fist ready to attack but he didn't do anything further than that" Uraraka explained trying to convince them that she was in fact telling the truth.

"Mirio did you see anything?" Mr Aizawa asked.

"No I didn't see him attack her. That being said though when I got there with Eri, Deku was on his knees, screaming at the floor with his hands on his head. Uraraka was just getting up off the floor but I don't know what happened before that or afterwards in fact. I didn't stick around long I rejoined the fight just moments after I saw the two of them" Mirio explained.

"So I'm guessing you didn't see anything either, did you Eri?" Mr Aizawa questioned turning to the small girl who was holding Deku's hand, sat on the bed with him. Deku felt her squeeze a little, clearly scared by the conversation that was taking place.

"No. I didn't see daddy attack mommy" Eri admitted telling them the truth.

"This is ridiculous. Are we seriously having this conversation?" Iida asked still in complete denial.

"I agree I refuse to believe that Midoriya would ever do anything to harm one of his friends, Uraraka most of all, he'd never do anything to hurt her" Todoroki protested to the rest of the group.

"You're kidding right? Look at his face. He's guilty as shit" Bakugo said seeing the look of guilt in Deku's eyes as he simply stared down at the bedsheets and avoided any eye contact with anyone.