Chapter 132: The press conference

Uraraka walked out to tons of flashing lights as all the cameras clicked and flashed as her picture was taken hundreds of times over. She'd been expecting it since she'd seen it all the time in films, on TV shows and in real life and it wasn't the first time she'd had a horde of cameras pointed at her face. Naturally Deku attracted plenty of media attention already so at this point she was used to a reporter maybe approaching, or in more cases than not, cornering her on the street to ask her a few questions, especially when she was with Deku. However usually Deku would try and move them along as quickly as possible and as politely as possible. There was no running away from this one. She had to sit there and answer their questions as best as she could.

"Good afternoon everyone. Thank you all for coming" Mr Aizawa said bowing to the horde of reporters. Uraraka followed his lead, worried she'd come across as rude. She needed them to like her.

"Take a seat Uraraka" Mr Aizawa said pulling out one of the chairs for her.

"Thank you sir" she said taking her seat and tucking herself into the table, careful not to unplug any microphones. As she did Mr Aizawa took the seat next to her.

I'll never get used to seeing him in a suit and tie. Or with his hair like that. Then again it feels weird that I'm wearing a suit and tie too. Not to mention my hair is tied up too. I hope I don't look unprofessional with my sleeves rolled up like this.

"Alright, we'll take questions now" Nezu said making Uraraka gulp. This was it, it was too late now to worry about how she looked. She had to make a good impression. It was nerve racking.

I can face All for One like he's some regular villain but I'm terrified of answering some questions? Funny how that works.

"Eraserhead. Why did you give the students permission to fight the world's most dangerous villain? Especially when last year the school took steps to ensure student safety. Surely your actions contradict those of the school's?" the first reporter asked.

"Absolutely not. I gave them permission to fight because they would have done it anyway even if I hadn't. Their friend was in danger as well as the rest of the people in that hospital. They would never have stood by and let someone else fight for them. Every single one of the students in class 1A have the enate desire to protect and help people wherever and whenever they can. If I didn't give them permission they would've fought regardless and would as a result likely be expelled as a class because of it. Therefore I granted them the right to fight if that's what they wanted to do. None of them were forced they all made that decision themselves. In the end it was the correct one as nobody was seriously injured and All for One was brought to justice. So no my actions do not contradict those of the school's" Mr Aizawa said defending his decision to let the students fight. He spoke the truth though if he'd told them no they would've still fought.

"Thank you. I have no further questions" the reporter said sitting back down in his seat and as he did another stood up.

"Uravity" they said into their microphone making Uraraka jump in her seat and her heart skip a beat.

Crap crap crap crap crap crap crap...

"Do you agree with your teacher?" the reporter asked.

Oh...well that's easy...

"Yes I do" she said with a smile on her face.

"Would you say that your class lacks respect for authority? Since your teacher and you both seem to think that both you and your classmates would have fought against All for One whether you had permission or not. And further more does this not show a lack of respect for your teacher" the reporter asked.