Chapter 148: Deku Vs Uraraka - round 2

"Deku please don't do this. This isn't you. This is just the drug talking, you would never-" Uraraka began but she was cut off.

"Shutup! How many times do I have to say it!? This is me now! And there's nothing you can do to stop me! Or change me back!" Deku yelled infuriated that they were still trying to talk to him like the old him.

Deku: What do we do?

Villain Deku: Kill them! Kill them all!

Maindo: Why isn't it working!? Why can't I-

Villain Deku: Quiet you! Come on let's have some fun with this and drag it out a little. Show them just how evil you are now. Show them how powerful you are. Let them know that nobody can stop you.

Deku: Sounds good. I have just the thing.

"Midoriya come on. Think of Eri. Think how she'd feel if she saw you like this. Think about what she would say" Mirio said trying to break through to Deku the best he could.

"Eri..." Deku whispered clearly contemplating what Mirio had just said, looking down at his hands and for a moment his eyes changed back to their original colour. Uraraka and Mirio both exchanged glances and nodded to each other as they both realised the same thing, along with everybody else.

He's still in there. We just have to reach him.

"Deku look at me" Uraraka said before gesturing to the others to lower their fists and stand down. They all looked to each other for assurance but eventually followed her lead and stood down. Deku also did as she said and looked up, meeting her eyes with his own as she took a step forward.

"O...cha....ko..." Deku managed to say as he was clearly fighting his own mind, trying desperately to break through.

Villain Deku: No no no no no NO! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? FIGHT! DON'T LISTEN TO THEM! THIS ISN'T YOU ANYMORE! SHOW THEM YOUR POWER!

Deku: No! This isn't me! I'm Izuku Midoriya! I'm a hero! Besides I haven't killed anybody yet so I'm not the murdering psychopath you say I am! Now get out of my head!

Suddenly Deku's eyes kept changing colour. They kept changing from his normal eyes to red then back to normal again, over and over. Uraraka realised that they were starting to break through and Deku was fighting back as she continued slowly inching closer to him, step by step, making sure not to startle him.

"Come on Deku. Fight it. You can do it" she said gently trying to encourage him and give him the push he needed to break through. At this point Mt Lady had finally joined the group, after handing over the villains she'd caught that Nejire had blasted her way, to the police and was still in her enlarged form except she was leaning down so that her head was at the same level as the rest of the team only behind them all.

"What's going on? Why haven't we took him out yet?" Mt Lady asked a little confused as to what was happening and why there wasn't a big fight taking place.

"Believe it or not the kid is actually managing to fight back somehow. Probably because the dosage was weaker but who knows. Wouldn't be the first time he's pulled off the impossible" Gran Torino explained the smallest hint of a smile on his face.

"So, what? We just stand around and wait and see what happens? Why not just take him out right now? Knock him unconscious and give ourselves time to restrain him and find a cure" Mt Lady suggested disapproving of the plan. If they stood around and waited when they had the upper hand then they could end up losing this battle after all. They couldn't hesitate.

"That was the plan but the plan's changed. Give the kid a chance, we might not have to settle this with violence after all. So no sudden movements and don't attack. I have a feeling it won't end well if we do" Gran Torino replied wanting to give Deku a chance to save himself before they had to step in and fight him. A battle he knew they wouldn't win. However Mt Lady wasn't on the same page.