Chapter 107: Deku wants answers

We reached 60k reads! Thank you guys so much for that. My aim is to have 70k reads and 3k likes before Christmas and we're well on our way to achieve that at the moment so please keep reading and voting for the chapters as well as leaving your comments they're hilarious as always. I'll do my best to keep putting chapters out for you guys for you to enjoy as this is just so much fun to write.

Love you guys and thank you once again for everything I appreciate you all.

_____________________________________________

"Hey Deku. Are you ok? You seem really nervous and strangely focused. What's going on is everything ok?" Uraraka asked as they neared his mother's house. He'd been really tense and quiet for the entirety of the journey so far she's struggled to get anything out of him.

"I'm fine" Deku replied not really giving her a very satisfying answer which annoyed her a little.

Is he serious? We've known each other for over a year and we're coming up to our 1 year anniversary too. Is he seriously going to just give me "I'm fine" after I've asked him if he's ok?

"Alright fine be an asshole about it" she mumbled under her breath although she made sure to say it loud enough so that he heard her.

"I heard that" Deku said a little annoyed with the attitude she was giving him.

"Oh really? Well I'm sorry if I upset you or anything but my boyfriend doesn't want to tell me about his problems even though we've been through absolute hell together he doesn't seem to trust me enough to tell me when something is wrong" Uraraka snarled although the moment the words left her mouth she realised just how much it actually hurt her that he still didn't want to tell her when something is wrong.

"You're right I'm sorry. It's not that I don't want to tell you Ochako and I trust you so much probably more than I trust myself sometimes it's just a bad habit still. I'm trying to be more open about my problems but I'm still learning. I'll get there I promise just please be patient with me" Deku pleaded. He saw the look on her face and how hurt she was that she thought he didn't trust her. It was heartbreaking to him he couldn't let her think he was hiding things from her because he didn't trust her or he simply didn't want to. Thankfully though she smiled reassured by his words.

"Thank you Deku. I'm sorry I shouldn't have spoken to you like that things have just been really tense and stressful lately I'm so tired and I'm just kind of reaching my limit at this point" Uraraka explained.

"No it's ok I understand. I feel the same way I'm exhausted. I've done nothing but train and study All for One and All Might's fight over and over again. There's not much information I can get from it but what I have got should be helpful. I have to be prepared for the worst when I face him but I'm pretty sure I'm overdoing it. I need to slow down and take some time to relax more often otherwise I'm going to overtrain" Deku said. Uraraka couldn't help but smile.

He's matured so much. Finally he can admit when he's pushing himself too far.

"Yeah you're right. I'm so proud of you though for realising that you're doing too much. You used to just work and work and work and I was always worried you were overdoing it. Sometimes you were although somehow you still managed to pull through. But it's great to see that you're starting to know your limitations" she said smiling brightly at him and grabbing a hold of his hand as they walked which surprised him a little although he quickly returned her grip and gave her hand a gentle squeeze.

"Thanks. Anyway if you really want to know I'm essentially going to have to interrogate my own mother" Deku said making Uraraka stop dead in her tracks.

"Say what now?" she asked very confused as to why he was going to do such a thing.

"Look she isn't telling the teachers where my dad is and they can't find anything on him either. The guy is a ghost he married my mom and they had me then that's it he just completely disappeared off the face of the earth. It just doesn't make any sense. She's hiding something. I have to get the truth out of her and find out where he is if she even knows. In fact forget that I'm more interested in who he is. I don't know why I've never thought about why I've never seen my own dad even though he was still married to my mom. It's weird. It doesn't make sense. Either way I have to find out who and where he is so we can help keep him safe otherwise All for One could find him before we do. I won't let anyone else die Ochako. I have to get answers. No matter the cost" Deku explained. Uraraka continued to walk but his words were worrying her a little.

No matter the cost? Is he saying he's willing to break the bond with his own mother just to find out the truth of who and where his father is. He can't be serious about that. His mother is everything to him there's no way he'd do anything so drastic.

"Deku. Are you saying you'd break the bond you have with your own mother just to find out the truth about your dad? What if she doesn't know where he is? What if she doesn't know who he really is? What if-" she was cut off by Deku squeezing her hand tightly making her to stop. Looking at his face she could see the fire in his eyes.

"No I would never do such a thing. She's my mom. She raised me. Cared for me. Loved me unconditionally. I could never betray that. I'll find out the truth but I won't break the bond that we have to do so" Deku explained. He realised that he'd been foolish to say he'd find out the truth at any cost. This was the one thing he couldn't afford to lose just to find out the truth. However he would soon know one way or the other as they finally came to a stop at the front door.

"Ok good. I'll be there with you the whole time ok? I'll help you out in any way I can but for the most part I'll try and keep my mouth shut and let you two do the talking" Uraraka said.

"Sounds like a plan" Deku said nodding to her causing her to nod back.

"You ready?" she asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be" Deku replied before opening the door.

"Mom I'm-" Deku began but he never got the chance to finish as his mother immediately embraced him the moment he'd opened the door as she weeped holding her son tightly.

"Izuku! I'm so sorry! I should've told you sooner!" Inko wailed sobbing into her son's chest.

"I-Inko? Are you ok? What's-" Uraraka began but Inko cut her off.

"I'm fine it's just that..." she trailed off her crying paused for a moment as she looked up into her son's eyes who was looking back at her surprised but she could also tell he knew what she was going to say next. Inko sighed and wiped the tears from her eyes pulling herself together for both hers and Deku's sake. She took a deep breath before holding onto each of Deku's hands and looked him straight in the eyes before she spoke the words she hoped she'd never have to.

"I think it's about time I told you about your father..."