Chapter 60: Cinnamon roll

"Well now you've gone and done it" Deku whispered.

"Mommy why are you grabbing daddy's shirt? Are you threatening him? Did he do something wrong?" Eri asked confused why she had pulled him so close to her by his shirt collar.

"Hm? Oh. No of course not I was just um...I was just telling him off for not helping me make dinner. That's why we haven't started yet" Uraraka quickly tried to think of an explanation letting go of Deku.

"Daddy that's naughty you're supposed to be helping mommy!" Eri exclaimed pulling a very disappointed look at him.

"Oh I uh...I'm sorry Eri you're right I should stop talking so much and help Ochako" Deku said going along with Uraraka's act even if he did feel hurt by Eri's clear disapproval and disappointment.

"Good. Can I help?" she asked. Deku and Uraraka both looked at each other before thinking the same thing

If we say yes she might forget about asking what sex is.

They nodded at each other and then returned their attention to the small girl.

"You know what we'd love your help Eri" Deku said smiling at her.

"Yay! Then you can tell me what sex is!" Eri exclaimed causing Deku and Uraraka's hearts to stop for a brief moment as they almost fainted.

I thought she'd forget about it but apparently not. Goddamnit just don't mention it and eventually she will forget she's 7 after all kids that age never remember things if you don't remind them about it. Deku probably has the same idea.

"Ok Eri you can help me wash the vegetables" Uraraka said again ignoring her question hoping to high heaven that Eri would forget.

"Ok. So what's sex?" she asked again.

Oh for goodness sake! Why is she so goddamn persistent just stop asking about it already!

"Well it's um... it's...um..." Deku tried to think of something to say that would satisfy the small girl's curiosity and at the same time keep her innocence in tact.

"Is it a punishment?" Eri asked

"It can be" Uraraka mumbled under her breath although Deku heard her.

I'm pretty sure she didn't mean that in a sexy way. We're not exactly kinky in the bedroom.

"I'll pretend I didn't hear that. No it's not a punishment" Deku said.

"But it seemed like mommy was threatening you" Eri said a little confused.

"Not quite" Deku said scratching his head still thinking at a hundred miles an hour trying to think of what to tell her.

"Then I don't understand what is it?" she asked still curious.

"Look Eri. It's a grown up thing. You'll learn what it is when you're older but right now you're too young to know about that. That's all you need to know" Uraraka said sternly hoping that would be the end of it. The little girl looked down at the floor for a few moments.

"Oh no did I just upset her?" she asked Deku in a whisper.

"No I don't think so she seems like she's thinking" he whispered back noticing the thoughtful look on her face.

"But if it's a grown up thing why do you both know what it is?" she asked.

"What do you mean?" Uraraka questioned not quite understanding what she was saying.

"You're not grown ups. You're still 16 so you're not grown ups yet. So if it's a grown up thing why do you know what it is?" she explained.

At least she isn't asking what sex is anymore.

"Well that's because...um...well...I..." Deku couldn't think of what to say.

Wow having a kid is a lot harder than I thought it would be. Wait a minute am I seriously considering being Eri's adoptive father? I think I am.

"It's because when we say grown up thing we didn't literally mean grown ups we meant when you're more grown up. Don't worry Eri it's nothing to worry about or anything too serious it's just not something you need to know at your age" Uraraka explained. Again Eri looked at the floor thinking about what she'd just been told. Deku and Uraraka waited patiently bracing themselves for more tough parenting.

"Ok! Let's make dinner!" Eri exclaimed seemingly satisfied with their answers.

"Huh. I can't believe she took that for an answer" Deku whispered.

"Me neither just go with it I am not going through that again" Uraraka ordered.

"Me neither that was horrible. I can't believe how well you dealt with it. You're a natural mom" Deku said causing her to blush and get flustered.

"Oh Deku please you don't have to flatter me so much" she said flailing her arms around embarrassed yet slightly swooning at his comments.

He's so sweet.

"Can we make dinner now? I'm hungry" Eri whined.

"Sorry Eri yes of course we can" Uraraka said still extremely red faced and wanting to eat herself she was done having awkward and embarrassing conversations for one night.

"Yay!" the small girl squealed in excitement. The 3 of them began to make dinner. Deku prepared some meat while Uraraka and Eri washed the vegetables before Uraraka chopped them up not allowing Eri to use the knife. Instead she was given the task of setting the table.

We really are just like a family. Maybe I would like to be Eri's father.

"What you thinking about you big dummy?" Uraraka asked as she came up behind Deku wrapping her arms around his waist.

"I was just thinking how nice this is" Deku replied.

"How nice what is?" she asked grinning knowing full well what he meant.

"It's nice. Me and you taking care of Eri. Especially considering it's just the 3 of us in the dorms since everybody else went home for the weekend. It's like we're a..." Deku trailed off hesitating to say it.

"It's like we're a what Deku?" Uraraka asked giving him a little push as she continued to cuddle him from behind. Deku turned around causing her to let go of him and instead place her hands on his chest as they stood as close as possible to each other and Deku placed his hands on her waist holding her close to him. She rested her head against his chest and closed her eyes enjoying the warmth and safety she felt in his arms.

"It feels like we're a family" Deku said resting his own head on top of hers as they cuddled each other swaying side to side.

"So does this mean you want to be a daddy?" she asked.

"Yeah. Yeah it does" Deku said as the two of them smiled widely feeling warm and happy. Everything was perfect in that one moment.

"I love you" Deku said.

"I love you too" she replied pulling her head back to look up at him and kiss him.

"Ew! Stop it you two kiss too much it's gross" Eri protested causing the two teenagers to laugh a little.

"She's still a cinnamon roll" Uraraka mumbled.

"A what?" Deku asked not understanding what she meant.

"Oh nevermind. Let's just have dinner..."