Chapter 135: The countdown begins

"Izuku. Can I ask how you know that it'll definitely be a week until villain Deku takes over your body completely? 6 days now to be more precise" Hito asked sat in front of the glass with Deku on the other side.

"Like I said before that's what he keeps saying. He keeps taunting me about it. He keeps telling me there's nothing I can do to stop it. He keeps telling me that...that...it'll be like dying. Like I never existed" Deku explained his voice shaky and weak. It had been like that ever since yesterday when villain Deku had introduced himself.

"I see. Izuku I'm wondering if you could help me with something. I'm struggling to see if villain Deku is another persona that you have created, unintentionally of course, or if he is his own being. Any ideas which it is?" Hito asked him.

"I don't know. I don't think I would ever create something so evil. Maybe if I understood the question a little better? It's kind of confusing" Deku said wanting to give them as much information as possible. He wanted this to be over and he desperately wanted to go home so if he could tell them anything helpful he would.

"Ok let me rephrase the question. Does it feel like he's removing you completely or like the two of you are merging into one being?" Hito asked. She was being a lot more direct than usual with her questions but she had to be. They didn't have enough time. She needed at least a month just to get a grasp on what he was suffering from. Unfortunately their hands were tied and they were forced to speed the process up dramatically. Naturally there was so much that could go wrong, rushing the process like this but they didn't have a choice. It was either pull off a miracle or let potentially the world's most dangerous and most powerful being loose on the world. In fact there was no potentially about it, he was the most powerful person in the world, until proven otherwise of course. He was definitely weaker after his fights with All for One, especially after the first one. How much weaker however was hard to say.

"I don't know. It's hard to explain" Deku said wanting to tell her all he could but he was struggling to find the words to describe the feeling.

"It's ok Izuku. Take your time" Hito insisted waiting patiently for his response.

"We don't have time. Can't you hurry him up a little?" Fijio asked getting impatient. The only reason she was talking so freely is because their microphones were all turned off so that Deku couldn't hear them. Everyone other than Hito who was sat in front of the glass with a microphone pinned to her labcoat which played her voice through the speakers in Deku's cell so that he could hear her.

"No we can't rush him, just let Hito do her job" Daietto urged watching on in fascination looking for any signs that Deku might give to help them. So far nothing.

"Whatever we only have 6 days left. Do you seriously think we can save him in that amount of time?" Fijio asked.

"We have to try. Why are you still here anyway? By making him physically stronger you're making him more dangerous if he does escape aren't you?" Daietto asked getting annoyed with the much larger woman's lack of patience.

"The healthier he is, the better his brain operates. I could say the same to you anyway you're his nutritionist aren't you supposed to be helping him get back up to weight?" Fijio asked seeing the hypocrisy in his words.

"No. I've been deliberately giving him the wrong stuff to make him weaker. If he gets out of there at full strength we're all dead" Daietto admitted.

"Cut it out, both of you. Let Hito concentrate and do her work. You're both here to do a job and because you're top psychologists you're not just a physio and a nutritionist. And Fijio is right the healthier he is the better his brain operates so Daietto start feeding him right. We'll just have to hope we can cure him before we lose him for good" Atama said bringing a close to the conversation as the two of them both went silent, returning their attention to Deku who had been sat trying to find the right words to describe what was happening in his head.

"It's...it's more like...like some kind of...force...or power of some kind...and when it takes over my body...it feels like I'm fading away... like I'm becoming a passenger in my own body...and I'm just left to sit in the back seat while somebody else drives for a while...wait, no, it's more like I'm locked in the trunk...and I can't get out until they let me out... except when I get back in the driver's seat he's gone but...I know he's still there somewhere... waiting for his moment to strike again...is this making sense? I feel like I'm talking nonsense" Deku said worried he wasn't being very helpful to them.

"You're doing great Izuku this is helping. Is there anything else you'd like to add to that? Or is that all you can describe for now?" Hito asked.

"He talks to me... but only when he wants to...it's like he's been deactivated or something at times...I can feel that he isn't there at all when it's like that but at any moment he's suddenly activated and taunting me, harassing me, tormenting me in any way he can or he takes control over my body...but then he's gone again...is that...is that helpful?" Deku asked not sure how to explain any further.

"Very much so. Thank you Izuku. I think that'll do for now. You've been extremely helpful young man. I'll add what I've got from today's session to my notes and we'll go from there. For now I suggest you speak to Uraraka. She's probably waiting for an update of some sort and school finished 10 minutes ago. I expect she's already tried to call you" Hito said closing her note book and standing up from her seat.

"Right. Thank you Hito. For everything" Deku said also standing up and walking over to his bed to grab his phone which told him he had a lot of missed calls from Uraraka.

Crap. She's worried sick. Can't say I blame her. I am too.

"Well?" Atama asked as Hito walked up the stairs back to her monitor.

"This is hopeless Atama. We don't have enough time, we'll never find out what's wrong with him at this rate. I'm getting nowhere with him. That's an exaggeration but I'm not making fast enough progress to save him in time" Hito explained after she'd removed her microphone and turned it off to make sure Deku didn't hear their conversation.

"Well we can't just give up on the poor kid. We have to keep trying" Daini said trying to motivate her fellow doctors. However they all simply hung their heads, all fairly certain that this was a lost cause.

"Come on, all of you. We still have 6 days to save him. We can do it, we just need to figure out how to help him. Hito how close are you to determining what his condition is?" Atama asked.

"Miles away. He's showing symptoms of certain split personality disorders but he doesn't have enough of them to diagnose him. They're not consistent either" Hito informed him.

"Very well. Is it possible we could be looking at mind control? Hypnosis? Something like that?" Atama asked trying to think of all the different possibilities.

"Potentially. It would explain why his symptoms don't align well enough for a diagnosis to a split personality disorder of some sort" Hito said seeing that Atama might be on to something. Suddenly they were full of drive and now had a new lead to chase. They were going to need as much help as possible but they were starting to believe that they could do it. That they could save Izuku Midoriya from whatever evil was attempting to take control of him.

"Alright then we shift focus. We stop treating this like a split personality disorder and more of a mind control or hypnosis of some sort. We need to know how it's triggered, how it happened and perhaps the most important thing of all...who's trying to control him..."