Chapter 115: Arriving in Hosu

Happy new year!

_____________________________________________

"I guess this is finally happening huh? This doesn't seem real. It almost feels like some sort of nightmare that we've never woke up from. That being said I just wish I could go with you so I can watch your back. We could protect each other. I can't stand it that I have to sit and wait here and watch on hopelessly knowing there's nothing I can do if you get into trouble" Uraraka said as she held onto both of Deku's hands as he stood in the doorway with Mr Aizawa waiting for him by the fountain in the middle of the courtyard. He had his bag packed with his hero outfit in it and he had his winter clothes on because of the freezing cold. Uraraka was wearing her usual choice of shorts with a jumper on as she squeezed both of Deku's hands very gently holding back her tears.

"Get into trouble? I'm already in trouble I'm only going to face the most dangerous and most powerful villain in the world. Who knows what he'll do" Deku said thinking about the possibilities of what All for One might do in this fight. It had been a week since Mr Aizawa had called him on Christmas day. They had needed time to organise and assemble the strongest heroes that they could for this raid although with All for One's power they had no idea if they'd even be able to pull it off still. For all they knew All for One could end this fight in an instant.

"You dummy. Is that supposed to make me feel better?" Uraraka asked half jokingly with a small smile on her face that she forced to seem braver than she actually felt right now. However Deku didn't make her feel any better since it seemed he had the same concerns and fears that she did. He might not make it back alive.

"Right. Sorry. That's probably not what you wanted to hear right now was it? Well I...um...look Ochako I can't even lie to myself and convince myself that everything is going to be ok and I'll make it back so if I can't lie to me then there's no way I can lie to you. We both know the risks. We both know what might happen. Which is why just in case I...you know..." Deku said trailing off not wanting to say it aloud for fear that neither one of them would like the sound of it. Uraraka knew perfectly well what he was trying to say though and simply squeezed even tighter on his hands and nodded.

"Just in case that does happen then...I need you to know that I... I love you Ochako. I love you so much. You're single greatest thing that's ever happened to me and the memories we've made together are some of the happiest of my life. Which is why I...I..." Deku wasn't quite sure what to say. He wanted to say something that would make her feel more assured that he'd make it back safe and sound but they both knew that might not happen. The odds weren't exactly in his favour. However Uraraka was doing well to hold it together as Deku almost broke her nerve after what he'd just said although the fact that he didn't finish his sentence was making her uneasy.

"Which is why what Deku?" she questioned wanting to know what was going on in that complicated head of his. Deku who had desperately been trying to find the right words and deep in thought suddenly snapped his head up from the floor and locked eyes with her and he knew exactly what to say as he smiled at her.

"Which is why I'm going to do my very best to win this fight and make more memories with you. I won't give up and I'll keep fighting until I win Ochako. Not just for this battle but in life too I'll keep fighting to be with you. To get through every day and defeat all my enemies so I can keep coming back to you and making happy memories together that will drive me on in all of my battles in life. I will win this fight Ochako because my love for you is stronger than anything I've ever known and at the end of the day that's my greatest weapon. That's what makes me so strong. It's you Ochako. You're the reason that I've been so successful as Deku. You changed the meaning of that name for me and I've done nothing but grow stronger since that day. So forget what I said about I might not make it back because I will. I'll make it back to you and I'll defeat All for One because our love is stronger than anything that he could ever hope to imagine and no quirk he could ever steal will ever be powerful enough to stop me. So don't worry about me I'll be fine. I'll come back to you. I love you" Deku said just going with the flow and not really thinking about what he was saying. As soon as he'd finished talking he pulled her into a deep and passionate kiss as they wrapped their arms around each other. Uraraka was completely blown away. Both by the kiss and everything he'd just said. Eventually Deku pulled away leaving the two of them staring into each other's eyes as Deku awaited a response from Uraraka. It didn't come however as she tried to collect herself and give him some sort of response but all she could think about was how wonderful and handsome he seemed right now smiling down at her looking full of confidence.