Chapter 31: On the up

"So Deku how was your therapy session?" Uraraka asked him.

"It was great. It's really starting to pay off I haven't had a nightmare for a couple of days which is a huge improvement considering it was once every night before" he said. It had been a whole month since Deku and Uraraka had talked about his weight loss and his nightmares. When they told Recovery Girl she immediately booked him in for therapy sessions. At first he wasn't keen on the idea but Uraraka had convinced him it was the best thing for him to do.

"That's good to hear. You're putting the weight back on too you're beginning to bulk up again. It's small but it's progress. I'm so proud of you" she said beaming with joy and kissing him. He picked her up off of her feet taking her by surprise causing her to laugh.

"I haven't even told you the best part" he said getting excited.

"What is it?" she asked her interest peaked.

"I've been cleared for training. I can officially return and not as a civilian this time I'm not having Kaminari throw me out of a window again" he joked but the news was the best thing Uraraka had heard in weeks.

"Deku that's amazing! I had no idea you'd even had another medical" she lied and for once she did it convincingly. Recovery Girl had told her as soon as she got the test results in. Why? Because she had a special something prepared for him.

"Yeah just a couple of days ago actually. I thought I'd surprise you on our date today" he said putting her back down realising they were in a public space.

"I'm so happy for you. You can finally show us all up again" she teased.

"Hey I'm not going to be doing any showing off. I'm just a natural talent that's all" he joked.

"Oh ha ha very funny jackass" she said giving him a playful punch in the ribs.

"AH! Oh my god I think you just broke my rib Ochako. Why would you hit me that hard? What the hell?" Deku said sounding very annoyed with her.

"Oh Deku I'm so sorry are you ok? I can't believe I did something so stupid now you're gonna miss even more training all thanks to me...are you laughing?" she asked. He had her genuinely worried that she'd broken his rib as he did break 4 of them when he'd escaped those villains.

"You should've seen the look on your face" he burst out laughing at how hard she'd fallen for his joke.

"You...why you... I should...Deku that isn't funny!" Uraraka protested unimpressed with Deku's humour.

"Come on Ochako you gotta admit it was a bit funny" he said smiling at her to plead his innocence.

I can't be mad at that face he's so cute.

"Ok fine it was a little bit funny" she said admitting defeat.

"Oh so you do have a sense of humour?" he teased.

"What's gotten into you? When did you become so goddamn confident? And when did you start teasing me so much?" Uraraka asked her head full of questions as she really didn't understand why he was acting this way.

"I'm just really happy Ochako. I've been cleared to train again. I'm putting weight back on to regain my bulk. I've ate every meal put in front of me over the last 4 weeks. My nightmares seem to be fading away. I'm not insecure or ashamed of my scars anymore I've come to accept them and what happened in those 4 days. Not to mention the fact that I'm here with you Ochako. You're amazing and honestly I don't know if I'd be here right now in such good health physically and mentally if it wasn't for you. You've been like a crutch to me supporting me through these last 3 months and I'm very grateful for that. Not once did you complain or get mad with me either you were patient and kind and loving and it helped so much so I just wanna say thank you so much and I appreciate everything you do for me. Oh and I love you so much Ochako" Deku said taking her hand and kissing her before she had a chance to respond or take in what he'd said. She was blushing partly because she was a little embarrassed but also because Deku had just said some really sweet and romantic things to her and she was swooning for him hard. Just then her phone buzzed. She checked it to see a text from Ashido simply saying "we're ready".