Twenty Eight

Today is not great. So many things happened. Today I feel like there's a heavy grey cloud above my head. My heart hurts. Today, my dad is in hospital. Heart attack. I can't even process what happened. I was the one who dad collapsed on and I was the one who called an ambulance. Today, news articles speculated that BrAd cheated on me. Apparently, there are photos of Brad hanging out with his ex girlfriend. I can't get my head around it.

Earlier on the day...

" @bradleywillsimpson uploaded a photo

Liked by quinnjonesxo and 105,741 others On our way to the gym like

On our way to the gym like..😜

View all 23,095 comments
quinnjonesxo that's my boyfriend🥵❤️
connorball well damn, I never thought I looked so good😜😍
tristanevans I don't actually workout in a top, this was taken before the gym FYI😂😂
-

'Bye babe, have a good day. I love you and I'll come over tonight after the gym' Brad spoke on the phone as I slowly walked upstairs to my room.

'I love you too. I miss you already' I frowned.

'I'll only be two hours maximum' He chuckled lightly.

'Okay' I sighed. 'I'll see you tonight' I giggled. The call ended and I walked into my room. I put my phone on the bed and I walked to the desk. I turned on my laptop and I heard my phone ringing. I grabbed my phone and saw that Ella is calling me.

'Hey bestie' I chuckled as I answered. I sat down at my desk and stared at my laptop, waiting for it to load.

'Hey you. E-erm' She spoke, almost hesitating. Something's up and I'm already nervous.

'Yes??' I questioned, raising an eyebrow curiously.

'Actually, can we FaceTime? It'll be easier if I can show you' She gulped at the end of the sentence.

'Erm yeah sure' I said. She called me again, but on FaceTime this time. I could see that she's nervous, not even looking at the phone.

'So there's no easy way of saying this but erm I came across this article, right..' She started to talk. I could feel my heart staring to race faster and my palms are starting to get sweaty. She flipped the camera around to her laptop and I couldn't see as it was out of focus.

'What is it? You're out of focus' I chuckled quietly.

'Hold on. I want you to read it' She sighed. I could finally see and once I realised what it said, my heart dropped into my stomach. I couldn't say anything, my heart.

'Breaking news. Brad Simpson is caught cheating on his girlfriend Quinn Jones. He has been seen many times this week hanging out with his ex girlfriend Bella in Oxford Street. Does Quinn know?' I quietly read it again to myself. Ella then flipped the camera to her face again.

'I'm so sorry. I had to call you' She sighed, obviously feeling so bad that she's the one who had to break the news.

'I just got off the phone to him like, what the hell?' I said. I'm so confused.

'R-really?' She asked. I nodded my head in silence. 'Do you want me to come over?' She asked.

'No. No I wanna be alone right now' I sighed once again. I buried my head into my hands and screamed in frustration.

'I'll get Spencer to come round. You need your brother' She sighed.

'No don't! He can stay with you. He's gonna make the situation worse if he comes over' I said, shaking my head.

'If that's what you want' She shrugged her shoulders. 'I'll let you go. But please don't forget, I'm always here for you. I'm a phone call away if you changed your mind and you want me to come over, just call or text me' she smiled reassuringly.

'Thanks. I love you' I said before ending the call. I angrily threw my phone on the bed and fell to the floor. Is this even real? Is this a joke? Am I actually being cheated on? I thought Brad was genuine. I never thought he would do this. I'm praying for this to be a prank. This is just not my day today. I crawled into the corner of my room and started bawling. I'm screaming so much that my throat has become dry and sore.

'Darling, what's wrong?' My dad panicked, running into my room. He sat down beside me and wrapped his arms around me.

'Daddy' I sobbed. I buried my head into his chest as he hugged me so tight. 'B-Brad. He cheated on me' I currently struggling to breathe.

'What? What, no way' He shook his head, finding it hard to believe.

'It's everywhere on the news. There's photos of him and his ex in oxford street' I explained.

'Oh baby girl' Dad sighed. He kissed my forehead and hugged me so tight.

'I don't know what to do' I bawled my eyes out. I'm so heartbroken. How could the love of my life do this to me? We've already planned our future together. I never believed in marriage but he changed my mind. I wanted to marry him.

'Have you called him?' He asked. I shook my head aggressively.

'I don't even wanna hear his voice right now. I don't wanna see him' I sighed. I could feel my breathing to change and I felt my tongue going in the back of my throat. 'D-dad' I cried. I'm having a panic attack right now.

'Breathe honey. Breathe please' He held my hand. He breathed slowly in and out, trying to get me to copy him. I can't stop crying and I'm trying so hard to contain myself because Brad can come here at anytime.

Once I've calmed down and the panic attack is over. Dad took us downstairs to the kitchen and he wanted to make hot chocolate. Every time I'm upset, he would make me a hot chocolate so we can sit at the table and just talk. This has been our thing since I was 13 years old and I've always appreciated it.

'Do you want marshmallows?' Dad asked.

'Er yeah' I smiled through the tears. I'm sat at the table with my thoughts spinning hundred miles per hour in my head.

'Here we go lovely' He handed me my hot chocolate and kissed my head. He sat at the table, opposite me. He started making weird faces, almost like he's in pain. He stood up and walked towards me.

'Dad, you okay?' I asked. I stood up and held my arms out because it looks like he's about to pass out. He's so pale.

'I-I-I can't b-b-breathe' He wheezed. His eyes were blinking so fast and his knees were going weak. His hand was on his chest and he was squeezing his hand so tight. He's gasping so loud, almost out of breath. Within a second, he fell into my arms. He passed out.

'Dad!! Wake up!' I screamed, shaking his shoulder. My dad is a tall man, he's 6 foot 3 and he's built. He works out a lot so he's big and heavy. And his whole body is on me. I carefully pushed him onto the floor so I could run upstairs to get my phone.

'Hello. Can I get an ambulance please? My dad fainted and I don't know why!! Can you hurry please' I exclaimed. I gave them my address and they were on their way. I then called Spencer to meet us at the hospital.