Thirty Seven

BRAD'S POV -

'I couldn't find you all night!! What happened?' Connor asked, out of breath. He must have ran all the way from the club to the hospital as he is soaking wet and it is raining outside.

'She was having a seizure' I sighed. My poor girl, bad things always happen to her. I just want to be able to take her pain away. I would trade my happiness with her pain if that's the only thing that could make her happy.

'No way? Do you know why?' He asked in shock.

'That's what they're doing now' I replied.

'Have you called her dad?' He asked.

'Not yet, I don't want to wake him up. He doesn't need this stress added onto his pile and he needs his rest' I sighed.

'Yeah I get that. But would he not be annoyed if we didn't tell him right away?' He said.

'I'm already on it' Spencer quietly spoke as he dialled his Dad's number on his phone. I nodded and smiled at him. It's literally 5:30 in the morning.

'She will be okay' Connor patted his hand on my back, reassuringly.

'I know she's in a dark place right now, I just feel so helpless' I said. I just wanna hold her right now. She must be so scared.

'Got here as fast as we could' Tristan panted out of breath, with James following behind him. I filled them in and they are so worried.

'I should've been watching her' James blamed himself.

'No way, it wasn't your fault. I'm her boyfriend, I should've been watching her' I sighed, shaking my head in frustration.

'What, do you think she was spiked?' Connor asked.

'I think so' Spencer nodded his head.

'This is all my fault. I thought it was a good idea to take her out tonight to cheer her up' Connor groaned in frustration.

'Lads, let's stop blaming ourselves and wait for the doctor to tell us the results' Tristan said. He's always the one to calm everyone down and I don't know what I would do if it wasn't for him keeping me sane.

'Dad's in the taxi now' Spencer sighed. Ella is fast asleep on his lap, she has no clue what's going on as she's blackout drunk.

//

QUINN'S POV -

I slowly opened my eyes, squinting my eyes due to the bright sunlight. My head hurts, it's like my skull has been smashed open and my brain is being squeezed. It took me a while to get used to the lighting in the room and I didn't realise where I was at first. I looked around the empty room to see dull wallpaper and beige curtains and suddenly realised I'm not in my bedroom at home, with Brad.. where is he? Wait, why am I in the hospital?

'Hello?' I shouted. I started to panic and one small movement pinched my arm. I looked down and noticed all the needles poking in my arms and I started to cry. No one's coming?

'You're awake!' Brad grinned in relief as he ran in the room and carefully hugged me. Nurses followed from behind. 'How are you feeling?' He asked and kissed my cheek.

'Like shit' I replied.

'Don't blame you' A nurse chuckled. She was writing down some things on her notepad and constantly looked at me with raised eyebrows. I looked at her staff ID hooked on her shirt pocket, Demi Brown.

'So, anyone gonna tell me why I'm here?' I asked.

'Darling, do you not remember anything from last night?' Demi asked.

'No, I-I don't. No, please don't tell me I've got amnesia or something. I remember I have my boyfriend, I remember my best friends and I remember my family' I mumbled so fast, shaking my head as I'm scared to hear what happened.

'No' Brad chuckled quietly. 'You don't have amnesia' He laughed.

'Due to the amount of alcohol you've consumed last night, you were drunk. Yes?' Demi questioned.

'Yeah, I guess so?' I replied uncertainly.

'We ran some tests this early morning and discovered a substance in your blood' She spoke.

'What substance?' Brad asked as he grabbed and squeezed my hand.

'MDMA. Also known as ecstasy and molly. It's a psychoactive drug which is commonly used in raves, clubs and parties' She replied.

'R-really?' I stuttered. I suddenly felt sick so I had to lie down. I closed my eyes.

'Are you okay?' Brad asked.

'Y-yeah, I feel like I'm gonna throw up' I groaned in discomfort. Nurse Demi immediately gave me a sick bowl and in the next second, I threw up everywhere on the bed and in the bowl. Brad rubbed his hand on my back reassuringly and he held my hair back.

'How did this happen?' I asked. I literally feel so sick and disgusted with myself. How could I let this happen?

'You've been spiked, sweetie. Your brother was a dear and he told me everything. You were sat at a table with a group of guys and girls, he believes that one of the guys slipped it in your drink' She explained. My head started hurting again and everything is spinning. I can't process this.

'Where's Spencer and Dad?' I asked.

'They're in the cafe. Want me to get them?' Brad kindly asked.

'Yes please' My voice cracked. He quickly sprinted out of the room to get them.

'You also collapsed and had a seizure outside the nightclub' She continued to speak. I'm so ashamed right now.

'A s-s-seizure?' I stuttered in disbelief. She sighed and nodded her head. 'But how?' I asked. I buried my head into my hands, feeling so embarrassed.

'There was a huge amount of MDMA in your system. We believe that the guy who spiked your drink, had put in far too many that your body couldn't handle it' She explained.

'I'm so sorry' I started to cry.

'Don't be' She sighed. She sat on the bed and hugged me. 'This isn't your fault. This happens to so many girls every single day' She said.

'Really?' I asked, wiping my tears.

'Darling you're awake!' Dad smiled happily and hugged me.

'I'm so sorry. Especially Spencer, I'm sorry' I sobbed in Spencer's arms.

'No way this isn't your fault!' Spencer sighed, hugging me so tight