Twenty Nine

Heartbreak. Fear. Sadness. Anger. Worry. All these emotions overwhelmed me. Why do I always get hurt? Why do bad things happen to me and to the people I love the most?

'Quinn!' Spencer shouted, running into the waiting room at the hospital, followed by Ella. I cried in relief to see my brother, I ran to him and wrapped my arms around him so tight. I couldn't help but cry.

'What happened?' He shakily asked. I briefly explained what happened with Dad and Spence looks even more worried now. We all sat down, impatiently waiting for news from the doctor.

'How are you Quinn?' Ella asked, giving me a sympathetic smile. I know she's talking about Brad as well but I can't think about that now. I don't even know if my Dad is alive right now.

'I'm just really scared. I can't lose Dad' I sighed shakily. I buried my head into my hands and cried.

'Baby' I heard a familiar voice shout through the hallway. I'm so happy to hear his voice. 'I'm so sorry. The traffic was so bad from the gym' Brad sighed. I jumped into his arms and he hugged me so tight. I'm so mad at him right now but I just need a hug from the love of my life. Even though I'm disgusted at him, I just need to be comforted by him. He's the only person that makes me feel sane and in control.

'We got here as quick as we could' Tristan hugged me. Followed by Connor and James.

'You guys didn't have to come!' I sighed. 'I could've just texted you the update' I said.

'Don't be silly. Your dad is like our second father. Of course we had to come!' James smiled. We all sat down in silence. The boys clearly didn't know what to say because at this point, any word spoken will make me cry. I grabbed Brad's hand and held it on my shaky knee. He looked at me and kissed my forehead. I took a shaky deep breath and quickly looked at Ella. She smiled and nodded her head. She knew I needed Brad. She knows I'm gonna have a talk with Brad once I know my dad is okay.

'Quinn and Spencer Jones?' The Doctor shouted out, looking around the room.

'That's us' Spencer sighed, standing up. I held his hand as we walk up to the doctor.

'You're his children?' He asked. We nodded our heads in response. 'Your Dad had a heart attack. One of his coronary arteries was blocked from the buildup from cholesterol. Your Dad is okay, he's awake in his room. Asking for you both' The Doctor reassuringly smiled at us. I sighed and cried in relief. I hugged Spencer so tight and I could tell how much weight had been lifted off us.

'Is he gonna stay here tonight?' Spencer asked.

'We would like to monitor him for 24 hours. So yes, he'll be staying overnight. I'd recommend you both go home though, your Dad needs a lot of rest' He said.

'Yeah okay. We would love to see him now for a bit' I said. I looked back and smiled at Brad. I then smiled at Ella and the boys. I held Spencer's hand as we follow the doctor to Dad's room.

'Dad' I sobbed, running to his bed.

'My darling, I'm okay. Please don't cry' Dad lightly chuckled, wiping my tears.

'I'm so glad you're okay' Spencer sighed and hugged him.

'I'm so sorry for falling on you. You're so tiny, I'm surprised you didn't break a bone' Dad laughed.

'That was so scary. I didn't know what to do' I sighed. I held Dad's hand as I sat on the bed beside Spencer.

'I'm sorry for scaring you Quinn. Thank you for saving my life. You called the ambulance just in time' He smiled proudly.