Sixty Nine

BRAD'S POV

'Hey mate, can we talk?' I heard Connor say as he approached me after talking to Quinn inside. Hopefully they sorted it out.

'Sure' I smiled. I got up and followed him inside as Quinn walked past us to go outside to join the others. She didn't even look at me which was weird. We sat down at the dining table.

'What's up?' I asked. He looked at me sighed.

'There's no easy way of saying this. I've already explained to Quinn and she took it quite well. She wanted me to talk to you' He said.

'Okay, what is it?' I lightly chuckled.

'Seeing her so happy with you has made me realise that I have feelings for her' He muttered.

'You what?' I asked. 'Are you joking?

'Mate I wish I was. I'm not going to do anything don't worry, I just wanted to explain everything. I'm an open book Brad, you know I am. I respect you two too much' He explained.

'Thank you. I appreciate it but that's just really weird nOw' I sighed.

'I know mate. I'm so sorry' He apologised. I really don't know how to feel about this.

'It just doesn't feel right. My best friend is in love with my girlfriend. I live with you. How did she react?' I asked.

'She was shocked but she respected my decision' He replied. I was quite relieved to hear that. 'Nothing's gonna change. You're still my best friend and she's still my best friend. It's just feelings, they'll go away' He said.

'I know but I need time to process this' I sighed. I stood up and walked away. I needed to leave the house before I do something I'll regret. I slammed the door behind me and walked down the drive away. I don't know where I'm going to go but I'm just gonna keep walking, see where it'll take me.

'Bradley!' I heard Quinn shout. I sighed and ignored her, carried on walking. 'Babe' She sighed, grabbing my shoulder. I turned around and looked at her. She looks genuinely worried and scared.

'Are you okay?' I asked. She forced a smile and nodded.

'The important question is, are you okay?' She asked. I sighed and nodded my head.

'I just can't process it. It's just so random and where did it even come from?' I questioned.

'I know baby, I'm just as confused as you are' She sighed. She held my hand as we continued walking to god knows where.

'As long as you don't start telling me you have feelings for him too, we're good' I joked.

'I'm all yours' She kissed me and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around her tightly. Damn right, she's mine. 'So what's gonna happen? Like you live with him' She asked.

'Can I stay at yours tonight if that's okay?' I asked.

'Of course. More than happy to have you stay and cuddle with me in bed' She giggled.

//

QUINN'S POV

I knew Brad didn't need reassuring about my feelings which makes me happy. However, he does need reassurance that Connor won't do anything to me. We are walking back to my house now that Brad has processed this madness. I wonder if they're still chilling in the garden, if Connor told them or they left.

'You know I love you' I said.

'Of course. And you know I love you too' He grinned. I squeezed his hand as we walk to my front door. I could hear chattering in the garden as I open the door. I saw Connor standing in the hallway, putting his shoes on.

'Don't worry, I'm leaving' Connor muttered.

'No, you don't have to' Brad sighed. 'No hard feelings' He smiled.

'Really?' Connor's eyes lit up with relief and happiness.

'Yeah it's gonna be weird but we're still best buddies' Brad replied. Connor hugged him and grinned.

'No changes' I smiled.

'Thank you so much. I was scared that I was gonna get kicked out of the group and to be honest, I was scared that Brad was gonna kick me to death' He chuckled. It made me sad that Connor thought we were gonna do that.

'I would never do that to any of you guys' Brad chuckled, shaking his head.

'I can't imagine my life without you man, we would never kick you out. You're always here' I smiled and hugged him.

'Thank you' He whispered.