Thirty One

'Good morning my love' I heard Brad whisper in my ear. Morning?! Did I actually sleep through the whole evening and night?

'Morning' I chuckled. I opened my eyes slowly and smiled instantly. Just waking up to Brad makes me feel better. Knowing he's with me makes me feel safe.

'Did you sleep okay?' He asked.

'Hmm yeah I did' I said. 'You?' I asked.

'Yeah. You really did wear me out last night' He smirked.

'Good' I winked. I sit up to stretch my legs before we go downstairs. But Brad grabbed my hand and pulled me back on the bed on top of his warm body.

'Where do you think you're going?' He chuckled in between pecks.

'Downstairs. Your girl's hungry' I said. I kissed him once more before I pushed up against his body and stood up on the ground.

'You gonna make me some food? Some breakfast in bed?' He winked.

'Making me sound like a slave' I gasped.

'Sounds sexy' He winked. I slapped his arm jokingly and we both laughed. 'Nah you're gonna burn my food. I'll come with ya' He frowned.

'Whatever you say' I shrugged my shoulders. We both put clothes on and we held hands walking downstairs to the kitchen.

'I'm so excited to see Dad' I sighed, realising that he's not here. He normally is in the kitchen when I come down and he'll have a coffee ready for me.

'What time, do you know?' He asked. He went to the fridge to get some eggs.

'About 12 I think' I smiled. I watched Brad crack some eggs onto the frying pan. Looks like he's making us breakfast, I can just sit and enjoy the view.

'I'll come with you. I'll drive' He smiled at me.

'No it's okay I'm gonna get a taxi' I said.

'Erm no you're not. I'm driving, end of' He chuckled. I jokingly rolled my eyes at him and folded my arms to my chest.

'Fine' I laughed. Breakfast is served. Eggs on toast. My favourite thing to eat in the morning.

//

'Hey Dad' I smiled, walking into the room. He looks so tired and uncomfortable in the hospital bed, like he didn't get much sleep.

'Hey my darling. Hey Bradley, you both okay?' Dad asked as he hugged me so tight. He's obviously wondering about the Brad situation.

'Yeah we're both okay' Brad smiled, hugging Dad

'How are you feeling?' I asked dad. I sat beside him on the bed and held his hand.

'Much better now that you're both here. I was dying of boredom' Dad chuckled. Typical dad. He likes to move around, he's not the type to stand in bed all day. Although he has been doing that lately, only because he's still grieving. He lost his wife of 25 years, my mum.

'Is everything okay? Like are you allowed to go
Home today?' Brad asked. I love the bond my dad has with Brad, it makes me so happy. I can see that Brad is genuinely concerned about dad.

'Yeah I'm all good. I just gotta rest for the few days on a strict diet' Dad sighed.

'That's good! I'll be watching you' I laughed. The nurse came and made sure that everything is okay. Dad is finally allowed to come home. I held Dad's arm as we walked to Brad's car. I wanted to sit at the back with Dad while Brad drives.

'Are you okay?' I asked him.

'Quinn darling, I am okay. You don't need to ask every 5 minutes' Dad laughed. He wrapped his arm around me and kissed my head.

'I'm sorry. You really scared me yesterday' I sighed.

'I'm sorry' He hugged me. 'Everything okay with you and him?' He whispered quietly. I smiled and nodded my head.

'The photos are old, from when they were dating' I explained. Dad smiled in relief.