Sixty Seven

'Guys, this is Eva. Eva, this is my daughter Quinn and her boyfriend Brad. This is my son Spencer and his girlfriend Ella' Dad proudly introduced us to each other. I looked at Eva and she is gorgeous! The first thing I noticed was her green eyes. She has red hair, her curls sitting on the top of her shoulders. She's wearing a pale yellow sweatshirt tucked into her black jeans and belt, with white trainers. Damn, she's a hot 45 year old.

'Hi! So lovely to meet you!' I smiled, giving her a hug. She embraced me tightly in her arms.

'Lovely to meet you! So glad I can finally put faces to the names now' She chuckled. 'I've heard so much about you, your dad never stops talking about his children' She laughed.

'I'm a proud father' Dad chuckled. Eva went to hug Brad, Spencer and Ella while I walked towards Dad.

'She's so pretty' I smiled at him. He sighed in relief.

'She is' He smiled, looking at her. We all sat down at the table and tucked into our food.

'So tell me more about you guys' Eva grinned.

'Well, I'm 21. Brad's 22. I'm a twin, obviously you already know that' I chuckled. She smiled and nodded her head, listening to every word I say.

'What do you do?' She asked. I feel quite happy that she's actually making the effort to get to know her boyfriend's children.

'I'm a youtuber' I smiled.

'Oh yes. I remember your father showing me one of your videos. You were pranking Brad, the fainting prank. It was a good video' She laughed. And she saw my video, she's a keeper Dad!

'Oh wow that was scary' Brad laughed, shaking his head. Eva chuckled.

'And what about you, Spencer?' She asked.

'I'm 21 and a twin' He laughed. 'I'm the oldest. I used to work at Nando's but I quit. That's a story for another time' He chuckled.

'I look forward to that story' She giggled. 'How about you two lovely?' She looked at Brad and Ella. 'How long have you been together?

'Spencer and I have been together for 6 months' Ella smiled proudly.

'We've been together for nearly 9 months' Brad grinned. 'Feels like a lifetime though' He chuckled.

'Yeah official at 9 months. But we've been seeing each other for a while before you popped the question' I smiled.

'So cute' Eva grinned.

'So what about you two?' Spencer asked, looking at Eva and Dad.

'We met at work two months ago. She was a regular customer and I always thought she looked pretty. My friend, Sam, knew her so he set us up on a date. I asked her two weeks ago to be my girlfriend' Dad smiled.

'You kept this a secret for two whole months?' I gasped.

'Wow that's impressive' Spencer chuckled. We laughed along with him and carried on eating our dinner.

//

Dad and Eva had gone out for a walk and Spencer offered to wash up our dishes. Brad and Ella are sat at the dining table, chatting away. I sat on the kitchen island, drying the dishes.

'You know we went to Tristan's house today?' I asked Spencer. He nodded his head in response. 'Yeah, everyone was there. Connor and Tristan were being so weird, they went to another room with Brad for a talk. I stayed with James and Kirstie for a bit. Then I could hear shouting so I went to the boys to see what was going on.' I started to explain.

'That's strange, they never argue' He raised an eyebrow in confusion.

'Yeah well, they were pretty much arguing about me. They felt that I've pushed them aside and forgot all about them. The last time I properly saw them was when Brad and I had our huge fight and Connor came over to check on me. I explained that I've been busy with our families meeting and going on holiday to Italy' I sighed.

'That's ridiculous though. They would never complain about that though, they didn't say anything to me about it?' He questioned.

'Well they told me how they felt today and I cried so much in the car' I sighed.

'Aww. That's not nice' He frowned.

'I'm just so fed up. When things are just starting to go well for me, there's always something bad bound to happen' I rolled my eyes. 'They're my best friends though. Surely they understand how busy I am with my lifestyle too' I said. Ella and Brad walked over to us, wondering what we were talking about. Spencer filled Ella in about what happened and she was shocked.

'Yeah it wasn't nice' Brad sighed, shaking his head. He stood beside me, holding my hand reassuringly.

'They're just missing their best friend though. I do understand that' Ella said.

'Yeah so do I. But the way they went about it was wrong' I shrugged my shoulders. 'I'm not gonna cry about it anymore. I'm gonna wait for them to call me' I sighed.

'Yeah that's the best way to go about it' Brad smiled at me.