Sixty Eight

spencejonesy uploaded a photo

Liked by quinnjonesxo and 238,932 others How are we turning 22 tomorrow? That is insaneee🤯

How are we turning 22 tomorrow? That is insaneee🤯

View all 213,137 comments

quinnjonesxo dude we're getting old😂 I can't wait for the party tomorrow night, gonna be amazing!!❤️
thisisellarae we're all 22, it's about time you guys are joining the 22's club😉
bradleywillsimpson oh I can't wait!!!😜

//

'Hey, can we come over? Connor and Tristan included?' James asked as soon as I answered his phone call.

'Yeah okay' I sighed. He ended the call and I fell backwards on my bed.

'What's wrong?' Brad asked. I climbed under the duvet and wrapped my arms around his warm body.

'That was James. Asking if everyone can come over' I replied.

'Especially tris and con?' He asked. I nodded my head in reply.

'Hopefully it'll go well. I do want to sort it out with them. It's been a week now and I hate it' I said. He kissed my forehead reassuringly.

'Yeah I understand. I mean it is your birthday tomorrow, they probably want to make it up before' He smiled at me.

'Yeah' I smiled. 10 minutes later, the doorbell rang.

'I'll get it' I heard Ella shout from downstairs. Brad and I walked downstairs to greet everyone.

'Hey you okay?' Tristan asked as he hugged me so tight. I was taken aback but so happy that he hugged me because it would have been awkward otherwise.

'Yeah you?' I asked. He smiled and nodded his head in response. Connor looked at me and looked away to talk to Spencer. I sighed quietly, following everyone to the garden. It's such a beautiful day which is very strange because we're in the middle of February. We all sat down on the grass and everyone started chatting away.

'Are you excited for tomorrow?' Kirstie asked.

'Yeah I'm buzzing' I laughed.

'What are you wearing?' She asked.

'I don't know yet to be honest' I laughed.

'She leaves it to the last minute' Brad chuckled.

'No I don't' I frowned.

'Erm yes you do' He grinned and kissed my cheek.

'Same with Kirstie mate. She does not plan her outfits like most girls do' James laughed.

'We're not like the other girls' I rolled my eyes jokingly.

'I am' Ella joined in on the conversation. 'I planned my outfit, my nails, my shoes, my makeup and my hair' She smiled. 

'See I would do that but the outfit depends on my mood' I shrugged my shoulders.

'You really do depend on your mood. Whenever you're sad, you either wear sweatpants or all black. When you're feeling happy, you put a lot of effort into your clothes. I noticed' Brad winked at me.

'He's been paying attention. What a keeper' Ella chuckled, nudging me in the side.

'Husband material' James winked.

'Yes he is' I smiled, resting my head on his shoulder. He kissed my forehead as I look over James' shoulder to see Connor and Tristan talking to Spencer. 'Go talk to them' He whispered in my ear. I nodded my head. I got up and slowly walked over to them.

'Hey sorry to interrupt but can we have a chat?' I asked.

'Yeah sure' Connor said. Tristan smiled and nodded his head.

'That's my cue to leave' Spencer chuckled quietly. He got up and joined the others. I sat down and Connor awkwardly cleared his throat.

'I'll go first' Tristan said. 'I just want to say I'm so sorry for my behaviour. I took it out on you and I shouldn't have. Upsetting you was the last thing I wanted. You're my best friend' He sighed. 'I was having a really bad time and I was feeling so lonely. I guess I got jealous of you and Brad because you were having the time of your lives and I was struggling to do my day to day stuff' He explained.

'Oh Tris! It's okay, all is forgiven. You guys are my best friends! Yeah, I was upset because it was so unexpected that you guys would be angry at me. It was not my intention to make you feel like that at all and I wish you've told me that earlier! No matter where I am or what I am doing, just call me if you ever need to talk!' I said.

'I know I'm sorry. I realise that now, I will next time I promise' He smiled.

'Love you' I chuckled.

'Love you too' He hugged me so tight. Connor is surprisingly so quiet which is out of behaviour.

'I'm gonna join the guys now' Tris said. He walked over to the others and I could hear Connor sigh nervously.

'Can we go inside?' Connor asked. I nodded my head. We headed inside to the kitchen and sat at the dining table.

'I deeply apologise for what happened. I didn't want to upset you, it breaks my heart to have upset you. I never wanted to be that person to make you cry. I wasn't hurt but I guess I was also jealous because I felt so lonely. Yeah I have the other guys but I feel like when you and Brad are out, the group aren't as close. You're the glue, pretty much' He chuckled at the last sentence.

'What I'm trying to say is, I was jealous. When you were in Italy, seeing your photos with Brad, seeing how happy you are with him.. did make me realise how much I like you' He sighed. My heart dropped into my stomach. My palms are sweating buckets right now.

'Y-you like me?' I quietly asked.

'Y-yeah I do. But I'm not going to do anything because I know you both are incredibly happy with each other and I'm happy for you. My feelings for you will go away at some point but I just wanted to explain myself to you. You're still my best friend no matter what' He smiled.

'Connor, you know I love you so much. You're always my best friend forever. I appreciate you telling me how you feel though and I'm happy that you respect the boundaries. You're my big bro, I love you' I grinned. His eyes lit up and he walked over to me to give me a big hug.

'I'm so sorry though, I know this must have make you feel more awkward now' He sighed, hugging me so tight.

'No, connor. I'm so proud of you and this is making me emotional. Because I know how hard it is for you to talk about your feelings and for you to feel safe in confiding in me, I'm proud of you' I smiled. 'You know I'm so protective of you and the others as well. Even though I'm the youngest, I feel like a proud mum right now' I laughed.

'Thank you Quinn, for everything' He smiled. 'Are you going to tell Brad? Because I wanna be the one to tell him first' He asked.

'You can tell him' I smiled. He nodded his head and walked outside to grab Brad for a chat.