Fifty Three

Weeks have passed. Brad and I have gotten stronger again. We decided to ignore the media. They are not significant in our lives. Every single day, I'm more in love with Brad which I didn't think was possible. How can I love someone this much that my heart hurts but not in a bad way?! I thought I loved my ex boyfriend but this type of love is so different, I can't even explain.

Today, for the first time, my family is meeting Brad's family. They're coming to my house and I'm going to be cooking roast dinner for everyone. It was about time that they've met.

'I'm actually quite nervous' I quietly chuckled, cutting carrots while Brad is peeling potatoes.

'Why?' He asked. He seem so focussed on peeling potatoes that it made me smile.

'It's the first time that our families are gonna be in the same room. I know they're gonna get along great though' I smiled.

'Of course they will. It's nice of you to want to cook dinner for everyone. I'm still going to help you so you can't tell me to go away' He chuckled. He wrapped his arms around me from behind and rested his chin on my shoulder.

'I'm not complaining, you do look pretty good when you cook' I giggled.

'Oh is that so?' He winked at me. 'This is not the right time to flirt with me, we've got things to do. Tonight yeah?' He smirked.

'Of course' I laughed. I kissed him before he walked to the dining table to set plates and cutlery.

'How excited are you for tomorrow?!' He asked. We're going Italy tomorrow. If you remembered, I'm taking him to Italy for 10 days as part of his Christmas present.

'I'm so excited. It's our first holiday abroad as well, I'm so happy' I giggled excitedly.

'We've got a lot of holidays this year' He smiled. 'I can't wait babe' He grinned excitedly. An hour had passed and dinner is ready. Brad opened the front door as his family is here while I'm serving dinner in the kitchen. Spencer and Dad stood up, getting ready to greet them and I'm so nervous. Brad led them to the kitchen and Natalie immediately ran to me and hugged me so tight.

'Ahh! I missed you!' She giggled, squeezing me so tight.

'Let me have my turn to hug Quinn' I heard Anne giggle. Natalie went to hug my dad and Spencer, I turned to Anne and hugged her.

'How have you been?' I asked her.

'We've been great! How are you?' She asked, with a little concern in her voice.

'I'm okay thank you' I smiled.

'We've heard you've been going through a tough time. If you ever want a break, our house is always open for you' She kissed my cheek.

'Remember that' Derek smiled as he hugged me.

'Thank you so much' I grinned. After our families greeted each other, we finally sat down at the table and tucked into our food.

'This is really good' Spencer gasped, eating his chicken.

'Why do you sound so surprised?' I laughed.

'I mean you are a good cook. But this is whole nother level' He chuckled.

'I helped so that's probably why' Brad smirked. I laughed, shaking my head.

'Can I just say, your daughter is an angel' Anne smiled at my Dad. He smiled at her proudly.

'Thank you. Yeah she is' Dad grinned.

'And me too' Spencer said, making us all laugh.

'And of course, Spencer is too' Anne giggled.

'I just want them to get married already' Derek chuckled.

'Same' Dad laughed. 'But it's a bit too early' He added.

'Yeah way too early' I laughed. I looked at Brad across the table and he nodded his head in agreement.

'Very' He laughed.

'So you going to get married first or children first?' Anne asked. Brad choked on his food, that question took him by surprise.

'Mum!' Brad said. 'Can we not?' He laughed.

'Erm we've talked about it once months ago' I awkwardly chuckled.

'We're family. You can talk about it with us' Natalie giggled. She's obviously excited to become an auntie.

'No offence but I don't really want a screaming baby waking me up in the middle of the night' Spencer chuckled.

'Fair enough. No, we want to move out first' I smiled.

'You two are sensible enough to know what you want' Derek smiled in approval. 'We all know how much you make our boy happy' He grinned happily. Brad started to blush and I've never seen him blush like this before.

'Blushing' I winked at him.

'And he makes my princess happy too' Dad grinned. This family conversation is so cute but I just feel so awkward now that they've asked about kids.

'I'm so jealous that you're going Italy tomorrow!' Natalie said. She knew that I wanted to change the subject and she smiled at me.

'Thank you' I mouthed at her. She winked at me. 'I'm so excited' I giggled.

'I can't wait' Brad smiled.

//

'Tonight went so well!' I said as I dropped my body on the bed. I'm so tired.

'It couldn't have gone better' Brad smiled happily as he pulled me in his arms. 'How are you feeling?' He asked.

'Relieved' I laughed.

'Same' He chuckled. 'Right, we can't do anything yet. We need to pack' He grinned, pulling me up out of the bed. Brad had bought his suitcase over from his house so he's already packed. We both sat on the floor, going through my clothes.

'You definitely need to bring this' He winked at me ad he picked up my khaki green bikini bottoms.

'Put it in the suitcase' I laughed. He folded it neatly and placed it in the suitcase. We picked out bikinis, shoes and accessories. I probably packed too many clothes than I needed but I don't care. I just never know what I'm in the mood to wear so I bought more.

'Children. I'm off to bed now. Have a safe flight in the morning and please let me know when you have arrived' Dad knocked at the door.

'Thank you daddy. I love you and of course I will' I hugged him.

'I love you too. Love you Bradley' He chuckled.

'Thanks. Love you too Steve' Brad laughed. Dad smiled, walking to his room.

'So jealous' Spencer chuckled, walking into my room and sat on my bed. 'How long you going away for?' He asked.

'10 days' Brad replied.

'Yeah we're going to Venice first for 5 days. Then we're going to rome for another 5 days' I smiled.