Seventy Four

BRAD'S POV

It is the next morning. All I can feel is pain. Physically and emotionally. My best friend betrayed me and kissed my girlfriend. I know he was drunk but he knew it was the wrong thing to do, but he still went ahead and did it anyway. I'm just too angry, my blood boils every time I think about it and it's not good for me right now. I need to rest.

'I'm actually quite shocked that Connor did that' Ella sighed, shaking her head in disbelief.

'Well I'm not, to be honest' I rolled my eyes.

'Why?' She asked, raising her eyebrow in confusion.

'He didn't tell you?' I asked. They shook their heads in reply. 'He has feelings for Quinn. He told us two days ago. He promised that he wouldn't do anything and he respected that we're happy together' I said.

'I'm so annoyed he did that. It's so unfair' James shook his head in disappointment.

'Have you spoken to Quinn?' Tristan asked. Hearing her name broke my heart.

'No' I bluntly replied.

'Why?' Ella asked. 'She didn't do anything. She pushed him away' She said.

'I know she didn't do anything wrong' I sighed. 'I'm just angry in general, I'll see her soon. I just don't want her to see me like this' I explained.

'She's at home right now, feeling sorry for herself. Her boyfriend got hit by a car on her birthday. She wants nothing but to be with you right now' Spencer said. I know they're defending Quinn because she's his sister and their best friend but what about me? I didn't do anything wrong but they're making me feel like I have.

'Guys, I just got hit by a fucking car. Save the lecture for another time please' I sighed.

'Okay we're going' Ella scoffed. They got up and left, Tristan decided to stay behind.

'Come on mate, we're only trying to help' He said.

'I know' I replied. 'I sent Quinn a text this morning just to make sure she's home safe' I said. He smiled at me reassuringly.

'You'll get through this' He patted his hand on my shoulder.

'Thanks' I smiled at him. My phone started to ring. Crap, it's Quinn's dad calling me. Something might have happened to Quinn.

'Hey' I quietly spoke as I answered the phone.

'Hello, how are you feeling today?' He asked.

'Rough' I chuckled. 'I'll get there. How's Quinn?' I asked. Even though I'm really upset with her right now, I still want to know how she's doing because I know she don't cope well in situations like this.

'Yeah I called to talk about that. I'm on the way to hospital to pick up Spencer and Ella. I asked if she wanted to come and see you but she thinks you don't want her to come' He explained.

'Oh r-right' I sighed. I don't know what to say.

//

QUINN'S POV

'Hey' Dad knocked on my door. I'm currently in bed in the same clothes I wore last night, I haven't brushed my teeth, I didn't remove my mascara tear stained cheeks and I don't have the energy to do anything right now.

'Sweetheart' He sighed, sitting on the edge of my bed. He stroked my leg reassuringly.

'Don't look at me like that please. I know I'm a mess right now' I sighed, burying my face in the pillow.

'No sweetheart, no I wasn't going to say that. I was going to ask if you wanted a lift to the hospital. I'm on my way there to pick up Spencer and Ella' He asked.

'O-oh, they're there?' I asked, shocked as they didn't tell me they were visiting Brad today.

'Yeah. You were asleep so they went' He replied.

'I don't think he wants to see me' I fought back the tears as my voice cracked.

'I'll give him a call' He sighed. He gave me a tight reassuring hug before he left to call Brad. I know Brad is either gonna say no or not gonna answer. I'm praying that I can see him today. I could hear footsteps running up the stairs.

'So, I called him. He said you can come if you're feeling up to it' He smiled at me.

'Oh that's great' I smiled. 'Give me a second, I need to get dressed' I said. I changed into black leggings and white hoodie. I quickly washed my face and brushed my teeth. We got in the car and I keep thinking about what am I gonna say to him. I don't want to fuck it up.