Eighty

'Hey sweetie, everything okay?' I heard Anne ask as I stand in the kitchen, staring out the window with my glass of water. I turned around to face her and smiled.

'Yeah' I smiled.

'What's wrong? Your eyes say otherwise' She asked, stroking my arm with her hand reassuringly. I instantly felt emotional because she's like a second mother to me and it just makes me miss my mum even more. Jesus Christ, more emotions thrown to the mix.

'Had a bit of a heated discussion with Brad upstairs so I decided to go downstairs and let him think about everything alone' I replied.

'Is it something to do with Connor?' She asked, furrowing her eyebrows in concern. 'Your dad and I have been talking about it outside. Come join us outside, the sun is shining. We can talk about it, come on' She gently grabbed my hand and guided us outside.

'Okay sweetheart?' Dad asked, opening his arms wide.

'Yeah, are you?' I asked as I hugged him. He kissed my forehead before I go to sit at the table.

'Yeah all good' He smiled.

'Where's Bradley?' Derek asked.

'He's in my room. He'll be down soon' I replied to him. He nodded his head in response and continued his conversation with Dad.

'So you can talk to me' Anne smiled. I filled her in about what happened at my birthday and why Brad got hit by a car. She was shocked at first but then she saw how sad I was, she hugged me.

'You did the right thing to forgive Connor. Don't let Brad make you think otherwise. Holding grudges is not the best way to go about in life. I mean, your job is YouTube . You teach your fans to be kind, be honest and accepting of each other. Brad will come to his senses' She reassured me.

'Yeah. Thank you so much' I tearfully spoke. She's the motherly figure I needed so much and I really do appreciate her kind words.

'Aw don't get emotional because then you'll make me cry' She chuckled. 'Why are you getting emotional, what's the real reason? I know there's more to it behind the sad eyes' She asked me so gently.

'I'm sure you've noticed that my mum isn't here' I sighed.

'Yeah, I wondered but I didn't ask. Brad didn't tell me either. Where is she if you don't mind me asking?' She asked.

'It's okay. She died nearly four years ago. She was doing drugs, she was drunk and she fell down the stairs. She was in a coma and then was announced brain dead' I explained. I tried my best to hold my tears in. A single tear rolled down my cheek.

'Oh no sweetie, I'm so sorry to hear that' She sighed, giving me a hug.

'It's okay. The reason why I was getting emotional was that for four years, I never had a mother figure to reassure me, to give me girly advice. Just the small things' I said.

'I'm happy to be that mother figure for you, Quinn. You're a strong, beautiful girl. Your mum will be so proud of you' She kissed my forehead.

'Thank you' I smiled. I quickly wiped my tears before my makeup will be fully ruined.

'Hey' I heard Brad say. I turned around and there he was, standing outside with his hands tucked into his jean pockets. He looks like he's lost and sad.

'Hey' I replied. He walked towards to me and furrowed his eyebrows as soon as he realised that I've been crying.

'Are you okay?' He asked, wiping my tears with his jumper sleeve. He wrapped his arms around me tightly.

'You should be upstairs, resting' I said.

'Don't ignore the question babe. Are you okay?' He asked again. He joined us at the table and sat down.

'Yeah I'm okay' I smiled at him.

'We've just been having a heart to heart conversation. She's a good girl, she's okay' Anne smiled. I smiled back at her and looked at the ground.

'Oh, what about?' He asked. Anne filled him in and he sighed. He appreciates that his mum is the mother figure I needed and I know he loves the fact that I get along so well with his family. His ex girlfriend didn't.

'Right, I'll go. You two need to talk' Anne said. She got up and walked away, joining Dad and Derek at the other table.

'I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking straight' He sighed, holding my hand.

'It's okay, it's fine' I sighed.

'No, it's not. I shouldn't have questioned you. I didn't mean to sound controlling or jealous. You can forgive who you want, I respect that. You're a strong willed person and I love that about you' He said.

'Thank you. I appreciate that' I said. 'But that's not what upset me. What did upset me is that for a second, you questioned me. As your girlfriend, you should trust me 100%. Do you?' I asked.

'Of course I do!' He exclaimed.

'If you do, you would never have any doubts about me forgiving Connor' I said. He looked away, shaking his head.

'No, I trust you. I trust you with my entire life. That was one stupid mistake, Quinn. Don't you dare say that I don't trust you' He said.

'That didn't feel nice, did it?' I asked, raising an eyebrow.

'Okay, I see what you did there' He said. I smirked at him, loving how I can get him on edge. It excites me.

'Oh baby I'm sorry' He chuckled. He walked over to sit next to me and he pulled me up on his lap. He wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his head on my shoulder from behind.

'So, let's never have this conversation ever again?' I asked.

'Yes. Let's' He laughed. 'One more thing, I want to forgive Connor. And I will. But I just don't know when' He sighed.

'And that's fine. That's understandable as long as you deal with it the right way. And you are, I'm proud of you' I smiled.

'The right way?' He asked.

'Yeah, you dealt with it maturely when he turned up. You didn't punch him, you didn't scream at him. You stood there patiently and listened to him first' I replied.

'Huh, I guess I did' He laughed.