Forty Two

It's the next day and I don't have motivation to get out of bed. I'm struggling to find a reason to get out of bed. Brad is downstairs with Dad and Spencer, doing god knows what. I should probably go downstairs and join them.

I sighed, forcing myself out of bed. I changed into black crop top and white joggers. I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I noticed a few spots appearing on my chin so I applied small amounts of concealer to cover them. I heard Brad walking upstairs

'Hey you okay?' He asked.

'Yeah, I'm in the bathroom' I replied. He walked into the bathroom and hugged me from behind.

'You okay?' I asked. He smiled and nodded his head.

'I made you breakfast' He grinned proudly.

'You're such a sweetie' I giggled. I kissed him and then we made our way downstairs hand in hand to the kitchen. We joined Spencer and Dad at the dining table and I could see bacon, eggs and toast.

'He's a pretty good cook' Spencer smiled, eating his bacon.

'Aww you made everyone's breakfast' I kissed Brad's cheek.

'Yeah he did. I told him he didn't have to but he insisted' Dad replied. I looked at Brad and he was pretending to blush.

'I'm not complaining, it's better than Quinn's cooking' Spencer laughed.

'Asshole' I chuckled. Once we've finished eating, I insisted to wash up. I haven't been here for one week, it's my time to do the house work and let Dad and Spencer rest. I need to stay busy as well, to take my mind off for a while.

'How was counselling?' Dad asked.

'It was okay I guess' I sighed. He hugged me and kissed my forehead.

'I'm proud of you' He smiled before walking away to his office in the basement.

'Babe, what's the plan for today?' Brad asked, sitting on the kitchen island, hand drying plates as I wash up.

'We can do whatever you want today. I'm happy just being with you' I smiled.

'I was thinking...' He started to speak but paused halfway. 'We could go to the gym? You mentioned it before and I heard it's also good therapy' He smiled. My heart melted at his thoughtfulness.

'Sounds good to me' I chuckled. I'm not a fitness person but gym could be something to distract my mind. I need abs though, so that's another reason. After washing up, we headed up to my room and sat at my desk. We both signed up online for the gym membership.

'You can be my personal trainer' I winked, smacking Brad's bum playfully. We're stood in the middle of the gym and to be honest, I feel intimidated. There's so many guys here, they're huge and muscly and I feel so tiny and out of place.

'Watch it or I'll make you sweat blood' He winked back at me.

'We'll see' I grinned.

'Let's run on the treadmill for about 5 or 10 minutes' He said. We both ran for 10 minutes and that was the longest 10 minutes of my life. I'm so out of breath and that's what made me realise how unfit I actually am. I sat on the floor for a minute, trying to catch my break back.

'Babe you don't have to stay with me. You can do your own thing' I told him. I felt like he didn't want to leave my side because there's so many guys here or because I'm clueless at this fitness thing.

'I know. It's fun to do it with you' He chuckled. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up from the floor. He held my hand as we walked to the weights section and holy crap, they're so heavy.

'My arms are literally sticks, do you really think I can lift that?' I laughed.

'Yeah I'm sure you can' A stranger winked at me. 'Your personal trainer will make sure of it' He chuckled, pointing at Brad.

'I'm also her boyfriend' Brad forced a smile.

'Wasn't gonna do anything' The guy chuckled quietly, walking away and wiping his sweat with a towel. Brad made me lift a couple of weights and i was trying not to cry the whole time. They're so heavy man, but I'm not complaining because I get to watch Brad lift weights. And it's a good view that is.

We've done treadmill, bike, weights and a bit of boxing. And I may have accidentally punched Brad in the face and I will always feel so bad about that.

//

'Babe I got you ice cream. To make up for punching your face' I laughed, sitting on the sofa next to him. I gave him a bowl of chocolate ice cream as we watch a TV show.

'I should get punched in the face more often if it means getting ice cream after' He laughed. I wrapped my arms around him in silence, letting him enjoy his ice cream and the programme.

I really did have a good day, despite my feeling so shit this morning. I'm so grateful for Brad. I really do like the gym, I'm glad he suggested this. Gym therapy is much better than talking about my feelings but I can do both.