Sixty One

'Hey' Spencer quietly knocked on my bedroom door. I was in the middle of editing my next YouTube video while Brad is sleeping next to me in my bed.

'Hey you okay?' I quietly spoke. He shrugged his shoulders and looked around awkwardly.

'Can we talk?' He asked.

'Yeah of course. We'll go in your room' I smiled. I followed him into his room and quietly closed the door behind me.

'I stayed at Ella's house last night, obviously you already knew that' He quietly chuckled.

'Duh' I laughed. I sat down on his bed and he sat on the floor. He crossed his legs and pulled them to his chest.

'Okay so I apologised to her. She said it's fine but I know she did not forgive me 100% yet' He sighed.

'That's Ella for you. You need to work for her forgiveness' I replied. I knew Ella wouldn't forgive him straight away, that's my girl.

'Yeah but I'm really hurt by what she said. Get this, she said that I'm not fit to be a father... I need to go to anger management therapy... Then she kicked me out this morning. Quinn, I don't know what to do' He sighed. He's always a tough guy but he's showing me his vulnerability right now which means he's feeling so lost. And I've not seen him like this before.

'You gotta give her some space. She's still in shock, you gotta respect that and I know you do. It is a big decision after all' I explained. 'You both said things you don't mean so don't believe what she said for a second' I said.

'I've never seen her so angry. I looked in her eyes and it's not Ella, the girl that I love. It's so much more than that' He said.

'I know, Spencer. You also need some time to yourself. It's not a nice feeling but you both need to give each other space' I said. He looked at me and shrugged his shoulders.

'I don't know, Quinn. I love her so much but I can't do this' He shook his head.

'Do what?' I asked.

'Be with her' He sighed. His lips started quivering and he looked away, wiping his tears.

'You don't mean that. You think the world of her' I said. 'Listen, you're not thinking straight. I'm taking Ella to the doctors soon, why don't you come with us? I know she asked for space but she'll appreciate you coming and she'll eventually come to her senses' I explained. I sat on the floor next to him and wrapped my arms around him.

'It's just draining me right now. I can't eat, I can't sleep. I don't even want to get out of the house. I don't want to see anyone. I don't wanna talk to anyone' He sighed.

'I mean, I'm here aren't I?' I said

'You're my sister' He chuckled quietly.

'Don't say that then. Just think about it and come with us to the doctors. Trust me, she will appreciate it' I said.

'I'm sorry for putting you in this position. I know she's your best friend' He shakily sighed. I looked at him and wiped his tears with my sleeve.

'You're my best friend too' I hugged him so tight.

'I don't know what's happening to me. I hardly ever cry and I've cried a year's worth of tears in two days' He chuckled.

'I know you don't. That's what happens when you love someone' I smiled.

'Yeah. I guess so' He looked away.

'Why are you really struggling to tell her how you feel though?' I asked him.

'Because. I don't want her to think I'm weak and that I can't protect her' He looked at the floor.

'You're kidding me? She adores you and the ground you walk on. You're not weak and you don't need to protect her. You can be there for her and care for her. That's all she needs from you' I replied.

'Suppose so' He stood up and opened the door. 'I'll let you get back to your editing' He smiled. I walked to him and hugged him again.

'I appreciate you opening up to me, big bro' I giggled.

'Thank you for listening, little sis' He laughed. I quietly walked back into my room and Brad was awake.

'Hello sweetie' I smiled, climbing in bed. I wrapped my arms around him and rested my head on his chest.

'Everything okay babe?' He asked, playing with my hair.

'Spencer wanted to get things off his chest and I hope I helped him a little bit' I said. 'I know they can work it out' I added.

'They're both two strong people. They will' He smiled. I sat up and looked at him.

'It does worry me how quick Spencer is to self destruct' I sighed.

'He's a boy. It's what boys do when it comes to emotions. We don't want to feel sad emotions' He said. 'Do you remember what I was like before we got together?' He asked.

'Oh yeah, you were terrible' I laughed. 'Your attitude was awful. But you changed when you opened up to me' I smiled.

'Exactly because I realised that I liked you and I could trust you. He needs that' He said.

'You smartass' I giggled. 'Yeah that's true to be honest. I know he loves Ella but he's scared that once he shows his vulnerability, she's gonna think differently of him' I said.

'She won't though. She loves him too much to think anything bad of him' He gasped. 'They're inseparable. I mean right now they're not but distance makes the heart grow fonder' He smiled.

'Yeah I hope so' I sighed. He pulled me in closer and hugged me. I kissed him and snuggled in his arms.