Sixty Five

* BRAD'S POV *

Do you remember this place? This exact spot?' I quietly asked, holding quinn's hand as we walk along the river.

'Of course I do' She chuckled. 'Where we had our first ever kiss' She smiled. This spot last year, we kissed. We weren't dating, She had just come out of a toxic relationship and I was taking her out to cheer her up.

'And here we are, a year later. In love' I grinned.

'I was in such a bad place that time. I was oblivious to your feelings for me. But I was glad you were there for me because I was so heartbroken that Jack cheated on me' She said. 'But thank god that happened because we wouldn't be here now if that didn't happen' She said.

'Even though it took you a while to admit you liked me' I winked at her. She rolled her eyes and started blushing.

'Yeah I'll admit it did take a while. But you were the one all along. Who's Jack?' She laughed.

'Exactly, I've never heard of a Jack' I chuckled. It used to upset her when she talk about cheating and Jack. But seeing her smile and laugh about it, it just makes my heart happy. Even though, I'm still really sad that she got cheated on and she had to go through all the pain. But I was there to lift her up.

'Thank you for taking us here' She grinned as she hugged me so tight. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her forehead. I could feel her body shaking so I gave her my jacket.

'It's not fair for you to be cold too' She frowned.

'I'll be fine babe. Come on, let's go' I smiled, holding her hand. She looked at me, confused.

'Where are we going now?' She asked.

'It's almost 11 o'clock. We're going home just as your dad requested' I grinned.

'I don't know why he's still giving us a curfew' She laughed. We eventually got in the taxi and during the journey, she rested her head on my shoulder and held my hand. I traced my finger on her palm as she falls asleep and I couldn't appreciate her even more. The real reason why we're going home, is that her dad wanted to talk to us. Including Spencer and Ella. I don't really know what it is.

'Baby wake up. We're home' I whispered, gently shaking her shoulder. Her eyes fluttered open and smiled when she looked at me. I quickly paid the driver and we got out of the taxi. She held my hand as we walk up the driveway to the front door.

'We're home!' She shouted, opening the door.

'Good. How did your night go?' Her Dad asked, approaching us in the hallway.

'Amazing. Couldn't have gone any better' She beamed with happiness. She kissed my cheek and walked into the kitchen to see Spencer and Ella.

'Thank you so much, you've made her so happy. Look at her' He smiled at me.

'She deserves the world' I smiled back at him. He patted his hand on my shoulder and hugged me. 'Right, let's go in the kitchen' He sighed nervously. I followed him to the kitchen and sat down next to Quinn at the table. I quickly smiled at Ella and Spencer before giving my attention to Steve.

'Right, I hope you've all had a lovely valentines day' He grinned happily.

'Amazing' Ella chuckled, holding Spencer's arm and rested her head on his shoulder. He kissed her forehead.

'Good I'm glad! So, I just wanted to say... it's not easy to say this but I have a girlfriend now' He broke the news. I instantly looked at Quinn to see how she would react and she didn't.

'That's amazing Dad. Congratulations!' Spencer smiled. He looked at Quinn, furrowing his eyebrows.

'Yeah, congratulations Dad' She half heartedly smiled.

'Happy for you' I smiled. Quinn held my hand under the table and squeezed my hand. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder reassuringly. I don't exactly know how she's feeling but I know she's not 100% happy about it.

'When are we going to meet her?' Ella asked.

'That's what I was going to ask. Is it okay if Eva comes over tomorrow for dinner with all of us?' He asked. I smiled and nodded.

'Of course Dad! It's your house' Spencer chuckled.

'Ooo Eva. That's a lovely name' Ella smiled. Steve looked at Quinn and I, waiting for our response.

'Yeah. That's fine' Quinn forced a smile. 'I'm going to bed now, I'm really tired. Brad, you coming?' She asked, standing up.

'Yeah I'll be up in a second' I smiled at her. She smiled back and nodded. I watched her leave before I turn to her dad.

'She'll be fine' I reassured him.

'I know her. She's only shocked, she'll come to terms with it' Spencer nodded his head.

'I guess so. I don't want her to meet Eva if she's not going to accept it. My children comes first' He sighed.

'No, Dad. Your happiness comes first!' Spencer sighed. 'You've been putting us first your entire life. We're old enough now. It's about time to see you happy and we are happy for you!' He explained.

'Thank you so much. I'll always love your mum, she's always got a special place in my heart' Steve reassured him.

'I know, Dad' Spencer hugged him.

'I'll talk to her' I smiled. I walked upstairs to Quinn's room and she's already laid in bed. She's staring up at the ceiling. I take off my clothes, only in my boxers and I quietly got in bed. I wrapped my arms around her and she buried her head into my bare chest.

'Is it wrong that I'm hurt?' She whispered.

'No it's understandable' I replied.

'I love my Dad. All I want is for him to be happy. He dropped his life for us. I know Mum died years ago but I guess I never thought he would find love again. We never had that discussion' She sighed.

'I know babe' I kissed her cheek. 'Your mum will always be in your hearts. He said he still loves your mum and always will. It doesn't mean he forgot all the memories he had with her. Your mum would want him to be happy too' I said.

'Yeah, I suppose so. I'll be fine anyway, we'll see her tomorrow' She forced a smile.

'Yes we will' I smiled back.

'I love you' She kissed me.

'I love you more' I smiled.