Eighty Six

BRAD'S POV

After James dropped us off at Tristan's house, Quinn went upstairs to sleep. I don't blame her as it's been a heavy and eventful day.

'I didn't get a chance to say, but congratulations mate' James smiled as we all sit in the living room. Tristan gave me a cup of tea.

'Thanks mate' I sighed. 'It is good news to us but it sucks that some people disagree' I shrugged my shoulders.

'I understand why they said what they said. But it was a bit harsh, especially when she was already scared of their reaction. She just needed reassurance' Tristan said.

'Yeah, that's all she needed. Yeah she got reassurance from us, myself included. She knows that. But sometimes you just need reassurance from your own family' I sighed. 'Like we told my family yesterday on FaceTime. Their reactions were completely different, they were so happy and excited' I explained.

'That's what she was expecting from her family too' James replied. I nodded my head in agreement.

'She's under enough stress already. She doesn't need this' Tristan shook his head in disbelief.

'We're all worried about her. It's not nice to see her so hurt when she doesn't deserve this at all. Having a baby is such good news, it shouldn't matter how old you are or what job you got' James said.

'She was just getting better, she was coping well with her mental health. I don't want her to relapse. That's the thing' I said.

'No mate, she won't. She's too strong for that' James shook his head.

'I know she is strong. But we also know what she gets like' I shrugged my shoulders. We all stayed quiet for a minute as we could hear footsteps upstairs. I think Quinn is coming downstairs.

'Hello?' She called out.

'Hey, we're in here' Tristan replied. I turned around to see her standing in the doorframe, wearing my hoodie which is too baggy on her. I like it though, she looks so cuddly. I look at her beautiful eyes, you can just tell she have just woken up. She looked at me and smiled, rubbing her eyes.

'Come here you' I chuckled. I opened my arms and she climbed onto my lap, wrapping her arms around me and buried her head into my chest.

'You okay?' She asked.

'Yeah I'm all good. How are you though?' I replied. She cupped her hands on my cheeks and grinned.

'I'll be okay' She forced a smile.

'That's what we like to hear' Tristan chuckled.

'Promise you'll tell me if you're feeling sad?' I whispered as I hug her again.

'I promise' She whispered back. I couldn't help but hug her tighter. She is so precious and I love her so much more that I didn't think was possible.

'Did sleep help you then?' James asked.

'Yeah, I guess it did to be honest. Thank you for letting us stay by the way, Tris' She smiled at Tristan.

'No worries girl' He grinned.

'I love you guys' She smiled.

'Love you too' James chuckled. We chatted some more before James headed home to see Kirstie. Tristan have now gone to bed and it's just Quinn and I cuddled up in the spare bedroom.

'Do you want to go back home tomorrow?' I asked.

'Yeah, I need to have a chat with them to be honest. I can't leave it out any longer. I have got a lot of voicemails from them, I'm gonna listen to it' She replied. She grabbed her phone to open the voicemails from her dad and Spencer.

Voicemail one ~ 'Hey sis, please call me back. We're worried about you. I'm sorry about what happened. I just want to know you're okay!' Spencer said.

Voicemail two ~ 'Quinn, this isn't funny. Come back home now' Spencer sighed.

Voicemail three ~ 'Quinn, where are you? We need to talk about this! I'm sorry for upsetting you! Come home please' Her dad pleaded. I watched Quinn as she listen to them and I could see sadness and hurt. I hug her as we listen to the rest of the voicemails.

Voicemail four ~ Just been informed that you're staying at Tristan's. Please come home tomorrow. Brad gave us a good talking to and I apologise deeply for upsetting you. I didn't know you were terrified. I was just shocked and unexpected. I'm not angry at you darling' Her dad said.

'I'm getting tired' She yawned. She put her phone away on charge.

'Me too' I also yawned. She snuggled up to me under the covers and intertwined our legs together.

'I'm gonna be there with you when we go back home, don't worry' I reassured her.

'Thank you. What did my dad mean by you giving them a good talking to?' She asked.

'When you ran off, I gave them a piece of my mind. I didn't appreciate what they did to you. I said it was uncalled for and they should explain why they reacted the way they did and just talk it out with you' I explained.

'Aw thank you. I appreciate it' She kissed me.

'Anything for you my love' I chuckled.