Seventy Six

Waiting game. I can't wait any longer. This is my life now. I'm sick and tired of waiting for results. I just want my Bradley to be home with me. I will look after him. I just pray he's okay.

'I got you a coffee' Spencer smiled, handing me a hot cup of coffee.

'Thanks so much' I chuckled lightly as I take few careful sips. 'I'm so tired' I said.

'I'll wait here and you go home to nap. I'll call you the second I find out anything' He said

'No it's fine. I want to be here. The only time I'm gonna leave this building is gonna be by his side' I sighed. He smiled and nodded his head in reply. 15 minutes passed by.

'Here for Bradley Simpson?' A Doctor asked as he approached us. I nodded my head in reply. 'He's awake now, you can go see him' He smiled. I followed him to his room. Bradley instantly smiled as soon as he saw us.

'Everything okay?' I asked him as I hug him.

'Yeah. Just got internal bleeding that caused some damage. But other than that, I will be fine' He smiled. I sighed in relief.

'Thank god. Best news I've ever received' I giggled. He kissed my forehead as I buried my head into his chest. I smelled his familiar scent and it made me feel so safe and homely.

'Do you know when you'll be going home?' Spencer asked.

'Hopefully tomorrow or tonight. Is it okay if I stayed at your house for a while? Because obviously, I live with Connor and we haven't spoke yet' Brad asked.

'Babe of course you can! You know you're always welcome' I said.

'You technically live with us anyway as you're always over' Spencer smirked.

'True. BecAuse you all love having me' Brad winked.

'But when are you going to talk to Connor?' Spence asked.

'I don't know mate. I want to focus on getting better first then I'll call him' Brad replied.

//

I slowly fluttered my eyes open as I could hear Bradley talking. I realised I'm sleeping in the hospital bed with Brad. I look at my phone to see the time. 11:34PM.

'Sorry, did I wake you up?' He whispered.

'No it's okay. Are you okay?' I asked.

'Yeah I couldn't sleep. I'm on FaceTime to mum' He chuckled. He turned the screen on my face and I could see his mum and dad waving at me.

'Hey! You guys okay?' I asked.

'Yeah we're good. Sweetie, I appreciate you looking after our boy but maybe you should go home and rest up' Ann said.

'I know, I have told her many times. She's stubborn' Brad chuckled.

'That's why you love me' I laughed. 'But I don't mind staying here, keeping him company' I smiled.

'You're a good one' Derek smiled.

'Thank you' I grinned.

'We'll be coming over tomorrow' Ann said.

'Oh, that's brilliant!' I said.

'What time?' Brad asked.

'Erm as soon as we wake up. So probably 10 o'clock in the morning if that's okay?' Derek asked.

'Yeah if I'm still here' BrAd chuckled.

'If Brad's discharged in the early morning, you can come to my house' I said.

'Yes thank you. We're going to get a hotel, we want to spend time with our boy' Ann giggled.

'Don't be silly, we have a guest room! You can stay at my house for as long as you want' I smiled. Brad looked at me and smiled at me, beaming with happiness.

'Are you sure?' Derek asked with a smile.

'Yes of course' I chuckled.

'Thank you! I'll call you in the morning! It's getting late so we're going to sleep. Love you both' Ann blew a kiss.

'Love you too' BrAd smiled. The call ended and he wrapped his arms around me. 'Thank you' He whispered.

'For what?' I asked.

'For offering my parents to stay. It's nice' He chuckled.

'Of course I would. It would be rude if I don't' I said.